Slow on sending

76uk

Hi,

We have just migrated to mailwizz from another email marketing software. We migrate mainly because mailwizz has more features plus we can utilize its multiple sending servers. Problem is, we were able to send (pass the job to our smtp server) about 10K emails in less than 8 mins with our old software using 1 of our sending server. But when we use mailwizz, 7K emails took about 45 mins to complete (using 10 sending servers including the same sending server used to send 10K emails in 8 mins).

I am pretty sure mailwizz is capable of doing this as I read @twisted1919 thread here https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/process-campaigns-using-redis-queue.216/. But maybe it's our mailwizz configuration that set this slow, well I don't know. Plus we are going to use redis, hoping for much faster sending.

Our sending configurations
Subscribers at once : 4000
Send at once : 2000
Pause : 10
Emails per minute : 0

Could it be above configurations or I missed something else?
Or perhaps using multiple servers slowing the process?
We put our servers on various locations, around the world, and I am aware that distance could be a point but I surely think that's not the issue.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey,

Why not simply run from terminal(putty) the send-campaigns command with the --verbose=1 flag so that you can see exactly where the most time is spent ?
Code:
php -q /path/to/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --verbose=1
Do that and we can continue from there.

As a sidenote, sending happens in batches, so loading 4k at once in your case, i believe it's just too much.
Maybe do a:
Subscribers at once : 1000
Send at once : 0
Pause : 0
Emails per minute : 0

Got these
[2015-04-06 04:52:34] Starting the send-campaigns command...
[2015-04-06 04:52:34] No campaign found for processing!
while there are campaigns in process

used to commented out this cron
apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
and use this instead
apps/console/commands/shell/send-parallel-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1

now both commented out
but still got the same
[2015-04-06 04:52:34] Starting the send-campaigns command...
[2015-04-06 04:52:34] No campaign found for processing!

It's fine you have comment out the cron job for send-campaigns.
Now, go to Backend -> Misc -> Emergency actions and reset the Campaigns from there, then return to command line and run the above command again.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I commented out all crons and did reset the campaign (twice) from backend 5 hours before sending the campaign.
After I created a campaign (moments ago) I hit send and still got these
Code:
php -q /path/to/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --verbose=1

Starting the send-campaigns command...
No campaign found for processing!

I notice campaign status is "Processing (xx%)" even if I've commented out all crons.

I notice campaign status is "Processing (xx%)" even if I've commented out all crons.
That's why you should press that reset button.
But, go to backend -> settings -> cron and set a low number for subscribers at once, say 100 then try again and make sure your campaign status is "sending" before you run that command from command line.

Back