understand who generate issue on delivery

Niko

Hello @twisted1919
currently we have severals clients to send out their emails,
we use 1 smtp mail server assigned to several groups,
here our hard issue: is impossible to recognize what client generate issue of spam or high bounce from delivery
so my question is if you can include on the log of bounce email also from for understand who generate issue, otherwsie we need to block all server and all clients..
thx

Hello @twisted1919
currently we have severals clients to send out their emails,
we use 1 smtp mail server assigned to several groups,
here our hard issue: is impossible to recognize what client generate issue of spam or high bounce from delivery
so my question is if you can include on the log of bounce email also from for understand who generate issue, otherwsie we need to block all server and all clients..
thx

Bounce messages have oft so much rich info.
Are you deleting them all?
Fwd them to a general storage email and you can analyze everything nicely, e.g. via link structure which will tell you lists, campaigns, subscribers, etc.

sorry maybe i wrong previous question...I try to digit again my issue:
In mailwizz, when using the PMTA delivery method, under PMTA one can log the mail FROM email address. The problem here is that this is always the bounce address as selected under the delivery server.
So the header mailwizzes passes on, Return-Path and FROM, in both cases it uses the bounce email.
What it should be is, Return-Path: <bounce@bounceemail.com
For log purposes, is it possible to include the FROM in the header to reflect the actual sender, as in user@useremailddress.com?

sorry maybe i wrong previous question...I try to digit again my issue:
In mailwizz, when using the PMTA delivery method, under PMTA one can log the mail FROM email address. The problem here is that this is always the bounce address as selected under the delivery server.
So the header mailwizzes passes on, Return-Path and FROM, in both cases it uses the bounce email.
What it should be is, Return-Path: <bounce@bounceemail.com
For log purposes, is it possible to include the FROM in the header to reflect the actual sender, as in user@useremailddress.com?

hmm...I see what you mean.
In order to avoid this problem I follow old school (as also described in mwz bounce setup) and have FROM = ReplyTo = Bounce = ReturnPath and never have a problem. Or am I missing s/t?

hmm...I see what you mean.
In order to avoid this problem I follow old school (as also described in mwz bounce setup) and have FROM = ReplyTo = Bounce = ReturnPath and never have a problem. Or am I missing s/t?

This means having to create a different sending server for every single client, is this right?
If you have dozens of accounts this can be prety unconvenient.

This means having to create a different sending server for every single client, is this right?
If you have dozens of accounts this can be prety unconvenient.
Agreed, it's not ideal (especially if you have many smaller clients creating rather big overhead).
You could create groups if apt (free/DOI accounts) as well as copy DS for efficiency (and also for capacity give more than one DS to each client).

Back