Why was redis support disabled?

Lakjin

Just wondering, why was redis support disabled? Is PCNTL fast enough to make up for no redis? I dont think it is... at least not for us sending millions of emails.

Just wondering, why was redis support disabled? Is PCNTL fast enough to make up for no redis? I dont think it is... at least not for us sending millions of emails.

Well, I would also prefer it it was still there, simply because I love to have the option, at least to compare!

And have you tried »Pickup Directory«
/backend/delivery-servers/create/type/pickup-directory
?

Well, I would also prefer it it was still there, simply because I love to have the option, at least to compare!

And have you tried »Pickup Directory«
/backend/delivery-servers/create/type/pickup-directory
?
What is this pickup directory you are referring to?

What is this pickup directory you are referring to?

# the pickup directory is the location to which mwz writes the emails to be picked up
# use mwz Directory Pickup daemon: https://github.com/twisted1919/mdp-go
# mdp-go takes these emails and transfers them to the sending mta
(e.g. drh/pmta/mailerq/rabbitmq/manta/haraka/etc)
-------
result: mwz is not occupied with sending, but only writing out the emails, and hence much faster
;)

# the pickup directory is the location to which mwz writes the emails to be picked up
# use mwz Directory Pickup daemon: https://github.com/twisted1919/mdp-go
# mdp-go takes these emails and transfers them to the sending mta
(e.g. drh/pmta/mailerq/rabbitmq/manta/haraka/etc)
-------
result: mwz is not occupied with sending, but only writing out the emails, and hence much faster
;)
Unless an MTA is faster than MailWizz in delivering emails -- in which case that is something that can be improved in MailWizz -- the end result won't diff much.

Unless an MTA is faster than MailWizz in delivering emails
mwz churns out the mails, but does not deliver them...the MTAs do that (e.g. drh/pmta/mailerq/rabbitmq/manta/haraka/etc).
mwz has no domain specific throttling like those have, it is not made for it, which is one reason it has so many 3rd party delivery server options (because they are supposed to take care of that).

in which case that is something that can be improved in MailWizz
that is not the point of mwz, see above.

the end result won't diff much
no, it can differ hugely, as explained before.

@Lakjin - I just had a look in the code, everything is still there, so you should be able to enable Redis from /backend/index.php/settings/queue/redis then enable the queue usage in your delivery server and finally, start the queue command from command line, so the advices from https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/process-campaigns-using-redis-queue.216/ should still apply.
So basically edit /backend/index.php/settings/queue/redis to get the command working again and make sure the server is setup to do it, and all is well? No major changes in MailWizz updates since Redis queue command was written would affect deliverability?

Im also getting an error at that page.

Sorry guys, xenforo 1 - me 0 :D
Should be fine now.

So basically edit /backend/index.php/settings/queue/redis to get the command working again and make sure the server is setup to do it, and all is well? No major changes in MailWizz updates since Redis queue command was written would affect deliverability?
That is correct.

Back