Any documentation?

Pat Friedl

Hi all. I just purchased MailWizz and installed it, which was easy. However, I want to set up the app for use with Amazon SES and my download contained 0 documentation, and logged in to the app, I'm unable to find any info on mail server settings. Is there a PDF, up to date videos or anything on how to configure for SES, SendGrid and other platforms?

Hi all. I just purchased MailWizz and installed it, which was easy. However, I want to set up the app for use with Amazon SES and my download contained 0 documentation, and logged in to the app, I'm unable to find any info on mail server settings. Is there a PDF, up to date videos or anything on how to configure for SES, SendGrid and other platforms?

Re AmazonSES, just go to delivery servers, create a new one, and an option will present itself for AmazonSES.

For introductory info on the app, there is setup info (when you install), and the tour at the beginning of your usage (which can be reactivated in extensions).
Then, if you go through all screens (and the explanations on each as well as in each input field popup), backend (admin) and frontend (customer), many things will become clear as they are self-explanatory.
Also, once you understand those, take into account what each provider's setup help explains about their service (e.g. all delivery server third party services have help sections), you will be able to put it together.
Then there is also the knowledge base at http://kb.mailwizz.com, then this forum here (with search functionality that can be used thoroughly for discovering great support info from earlier/similar questions), the videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/mailwizz as well as the manual http://www.mailwizz.com/frontend/files/Mailwizz-Customer-Manual.pdf

Hope this helps ;)

Last edited:
Total novice to MW and Amazon SES. I have many years experience using MailChimp and open source mailers running on my own servers, I easily created a test campaign using my own SMTP server, but I really need a step-by-step for configuring SES. Videos work for some people but not for me. I cant even find a straightforward answer to if I should use Amazon SMTP or the Amazon Web API. There are many things I consider myself an expert in, and I'm sure many of you are experts in the use & config of MW, but I'm not in that group. A simple "1 do this, 2 do that, 3 do the other" to get MW sending thru SES would be great. I have already created an AWS account, plugged in credit card info, created an IAM User and I have the access key. After that I'm lost.

Total novice to MW and Amazon SES. I have many years experience using MailChimp and open source mailers running on my own servers, I easily created a test campaign using my own SMTP server, but I really need a step-by-step for configuring SES. Videos work for some people but not for me. I cant even find a straightforward answer to if I should use Amazon SMTP or the Amazon Web API. There are many things I consider myself an expert in, and I'm sure many of you are experts in the use & config of MW, but I'm not in that group. A simple "1 do this, 2 do that, 3 do the other" to get MW sending thru SES would be great. I have already created an AWS account, plugged in credit card info, created an IAM User and I have the access key. After that I'm lost.
Perhaps these can help:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/posts/20686
:)

Last edited:
@Henry - It is advised to use the web api because it is faster and easier to process bounces/complaints and so on. Generally speaking, if you can use a web api over the smtp, you should do it.
1. follow below video to generate your amazon ses keys:
2. Use those keys in mailwizz when creating a delivery server.
3. That's all there is to it.

Ok, got this running using Amazon API as the Delivery Server. Requires lots of guessing because Amazon has become so big they have multiple ways to accomplish the same thing, and their documentation is lacking and filled with buzzwords. When I set up my next Amazon API user I'll make screenshots of everything to put together a step by step. Amazon API is definitely the easiest type of Delivery Server to create, much easier than Amazon SMTP, doesn't require Bounce or feedback servers, just create an Amazon SNS service to feed errors into Mailwizz. Thanks for the pointers guys.

Last edited:
Back