Campaign: Advanced Recurring

Niko

Hi,
we have that issue sometimes with clients:
Campaign > Advanced Recurring
- The advanced recurring right now just creates a cron, set by default to "every minute".
This is wrong, since it's not easy to understand and it can be very spam-friendly. One of our users just sent the same campaign every minute by mistake, luckily we stopped it.

The option to send every minute and every hour should be disabled.
Also, it should be added an option to set a date limit for the recurring sending (for example: send on monday every week at 06:50, until 30th June), since one can easily forget about his recurring sends.

Lastly, would be nice to have a way to find all currently active recurring campaigns, to be sure you don't lose track of anything.

Hi,
- The advanced recurring right now just creates a cron, set by default to "every minute".
This is wrong, since it's not easy to understand and it can be very spam-friendly. One of our users just sent the same campaign every minute by mistake, luckily we stopped it.

Also, it should be added an option to set a date limit for the recurring sending (for example: send on monday every week at 06:50, until 30th June), since one can easily forget about his recurring sends.

Lastly, would be nice to have a way to find all currently active recurring campaigns, to be sure you don't lose track of anything.

please also add it to the feature requests here:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/...gestion-for-mailwizz-01st-february-2016.1497/
thx

Hi,

In addition to these points: currently it's very difficult to stop a recurring campaign.
The only way is to find the campaign in the exact same moment it is sending, and stop it. If you miss, and the campaign completes the send, you will need to wait for the next recurring campaign to begin the send and try to catch that.

This, together with the issues already posted (recurring set on by default on "send every minute", impossible to know how many recurring sends are actually set) can make this feature really dangerous.

@twisted1919 do you a solution for that?
We have many recurring camapign and we haven't the possibility to stop them
How we can solve this issue?

@Niko - I don't see where is the problem in stopping a recurring campaign. of course, if you set it to run each minute then you will find it difficult, but otherwise it should be a matter of simply pressing the pause button.
Now, related to the one minute rule, i think that can make sense, so i adjusted it accordingly so that minimum will be one hour.

Because if I set a recurring campaign for example each Monday and I want stop that I need to remember to login to platform during the delivery otherwise I can't stop..make sense? Thx

Because if I set a recurring campaign for example each Monday and I want stop that I need to remember to login to platform during the delivery otherwise I can't stop..make sense? Thx
One could perhaps view the customer frontend 'campaigns page' in way as a 'queue table' of 'scheduled broadcasts'?

I forgot to tell.. I have 4500 campaign sent.. Is not easy check to all campaigns recurring and stop during delivery..if I stop campaign when is not under delivery the system will send the same the campaign..thx

I forgot to tell.. I have 4500 campaign sent.. Is not easy check to all campaigns recurring and stop during delivery..if I stop campaign when is not under delivery the system will send the same the campaign..thx
@twisted1919 could there be a selection field (or the 'status' field extended) so that campaigns will be shown sorted by
order of execution
and if necessary to go into further detail, select by time/date
etc/any other/better idea welcome!
...that would be great, thx ;)

@Niko - For a start i can add a searchable field in the table header, like Recurring: yes/no and you can filter and get only recurring campaigns.
@frm.mwz - we should add filters like we did in the Lists > All subscribers area, but it's too late for this for this version, maybe in the next one.

@twisted1919 that's fine but the mainly issue is if I stop campaign when is not under delivery the system will send the same the campaign.. is possible fix this? Thx

Back