IMPORTANT: Features Suggestion for Mailwizz | 01st February 2016

@twisted1919

10 cents:

#01 For a quick integration, prepare mwz for LimeSurvey (OS, widespread, many features, most likely around for a long time, supported).

DONE...#02 Subscribe by email (basically the whole subscription management also by email, though individually dis/enable per list).

#03 Full import/export of any single chosen customer account for backup/migration/move with all the customer's data incl account, lists, stats, settings, etc. In the new environment imported into, mwz would then ask for that info which is necessary to make that account work fully again (e.g. sending, tracking, etc, all that which does not match up from before, so that it gets set on import of account).

#04 Let subscriber set mail frequency (once a day/week/fortnight/month/quarter/year, which can be overidden, but could be respected, and it is a marketing indicator/feedback/extendable mini-survey).

#05 Default button for settings in each tab separately, or in popup display text for each field as info, good if you ever mess s/t up (for beginners assuring, for advanced users reminding).

#06 Total timing fix: campaign timing consistent and reliable, time zone and local time correctly displayed, ideally pull true time from atomic time outside providers (2+), and have user set local time (not just by time zone, but time input), let facts override 'logic' (as time zone logic of server often somehow screws up, and no one has "time" to waste with this, and campaigns need to go out properly).

#07 Easy access, edit, and navigation of subscribers. It is far to many clicks and screens to get stuff done. At the top of a list of subscribers should be clickable links to each status and their number, so you can super quickly attend to each of these stati. Also, make it easier to reset certain fields (IP, status) for multiple subs.

#08 Add a convenient php tidy button to the editor area, so that folks don't have to edit app code...

#09 'Site status' OFF would ideally pause campaigns/all other mwz activities, and take the site offline, and have mwz in the description, not web/site. (The pause campaigns/all other mwz activities could also have a button for it separately.)

#10 Options for hiding and new customer menues on left side to be populated with links, text and pics.

Last edited:
@twisted1919, Thanks for all the support & service. Just for your convenience I grouped all required or important request together. You must have the listed features & improvements in your next Mailwizz release. ;)

IMPROVEMENTS:
1) Registration:
- Choose package at the time of customer registration
- Enter Phone or Mobile No at the time of customer registration mandatory​
2) Customer Quota check before sending campaign
3) SPAM Score, but with details - words, etc.
4) Import, as it shows error "Not Found"
5) Search Facility
- Backend:
For all field in Delivery & Bounce Logs​
- Frontend:
In Delivery Report for Email Id, as for Status it's already there.​
6) MailWizz own Drag & Drop builder, because as a user I will never purchase third party solution.
7) Allow "Available Tags" to be used in the Reply To field so that different email addresses can be specified based on the subscriber it's being sent to. - @Mike Darling
8) Fancy sending to multiple lists (without creating a new merged list) - @Tantan
NEW FEATURES:
  • Add/Deduct Email Credits in Customer Account without changing Group
  • Customer notifications based on quota/email balance - 50%, 10% and 0%, something like Interspire.
  • Social Share Email
  • A/B Split Test
  • Multiple Customer access to one list/campaign (not only with sub accounts)
  • Sub Accounts
  • Admin access to all Lists
  • End User Blacklist Removal Request
  • Filter subscriber who is not open campaign
  • Unsubscribe via email reply
  • Custom fields
  • Logs deletion after 30 days or custom date set by admin automatically.
  • Admin can restrict certain customers to view reports or export reports in campaign overview. - @Syed
  • Admin can restrict subscribers view/details for certain customers. - @Syed
  • Bulk-unsubscribe users via CSV - @bidorbuy
  • Bounce Processing directly via PMTA Log files or WebAPIs - @pradeep sharma
  • Stats of Mailbox Provider - Track the performance of your messages at Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail. Something like SendGrid.
  • Stats of Device - Find out what your recipients are using to engage with your email.
  • Click Mapping in reports of the campaign - @Syed
  • FBL Report Separately
  • Groups of Lists - @Diego
  • Basic Stats at the List of Campaigns - @Diego
  • Add Web API for sendinblue.com - @Martino Hugo

EXTENTIONS:
  • 2-Factor Verification - @Ankit

EXTRA FEATURES:
  • Filtering top performers (clicks/opens) per list or across all lists. - @VVT
  • Much detailed subscriber status (Confirmed, Unconfirmed, Bounced, FBL reported, Blacklisted) - @VVT
  • Removing global blacklist. Instead, bounce flagging should be customer level (No ESPs keep bounce history for individual customers globally I guess - no need to keep a separate list of bounces and waste space/processing power unnecessarily, instead the checks can be done against bounced ids in the lists owned by the same customer if needed. It's the responsibility of end customer to maintain teh cleanliness of the list). Then add a global and customer level suppression list (csv upload) + regex based global blacklisting. - @VVT
  • An intelligent reputation monitoring system. It should consider bounces, unsubscribes, fbl complaints, abuse reports via app, click rate, open rate. Ex - global acceptable bounce rate is <3-5% and fbl is <1-3% . And list the abusers in ascending/descending order - this is helpful to find out the rotten one from a bucket of good tomatoes ! - @VVT
  • A survey or a paid survey integration. - @VVT

LAST UPDATED ON 02ND MARCH 2016 FOR @twisted1919 :)

Please also include all this:
#1 from your post til here
#2 https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/any-plan-on-sending-date-based-email-triggers.1959
#3 https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/date-based-autoresponders.773
#4 https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/time-slot-in-mailwizz.1965

thx :)

My suggestion:

#1: Quick edit in subscriber list (in case we add new custom field, we want to add value quick directly at subscriber list page, not in detail page)

Ability to use direct unsubscribe url in place of the regular unsubscribe url which requires an extra step.

My list is high turnover so I'd prefer only direct unsubscribes to ensure they get off my list.

Ability to use direct unsubscribe url in place of the regular unsubscribe url which requires an extra step.

My list is high turnover so I'd prefer only direct unsubscribes to ensure they get off my list.
Are you aware of "[DIRECT_UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]" tag ? Think this is what you're looking for.

Another one -
Ability to turn on/off "List-Unsubscribe" header via GUI, per campaign. Avoiding this may help emails to land on Inbox rather than Promotions box in Gmail, if the IP has good reputation. Screenshot of an example implementation in Elastic Emails -
upload_2016-6-3_13-24-5.png

Another one -
Ability to turn on/off "List-Unsubscribe" header via GUI, per campaign. Avoiding this may help emails to land on Inbox rather than Promotions box in Gmail, if the IP has good reputation. Screenshot of an example implementation in Elastic Emails -
View attachment 1953

Thanks VVT. Think I need to turn off that unsubscribe url is required so that I can use only the direct unsubscribe tag in it's place. I assume there's a way to do that so will search the forum for that.

Thanks for the tip about the header... I copied your response to my comp so I won't forget to take a look on Monday... been a long enough week.

Thanks VVT. Think I need to turn off that unsubscribe url is required so that I can use only the direct unsubscribe tag in it's place. I assume there's a way to do that so will search the forum for that.

Thanks for the tip about the header... I copied your response to my comp so I won't forget to take a look on Monday... been a long enough week.
Cool no probs ! Actually you don't have to turn off "[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]". If this is set as required, "[DIRECT_UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]" will also suffice - meaning, system won't ask you to put the first tag if the second one is present in the email and vice-versa. This feature is available since 1.3.6.5. Guess @twisted1919 forgot to mention this in the change log ;).

@twisted1919, Thanks for all the support & service. Just for your convenience I grouped all required or important request together. You must have the listed features & improvements in your next Mailwizz release. ;)

IMPROVEMENTS:
1) Registration:
- Choose package at the time of customer registration
- Enter Phone or Mobile No at the time of customer registration mandatory​
2) Customer Quota check before sending campaign
3) SPAM Score, but with details - words, etc.
4) Import, as it shows error "Not Found"
5) Search Facility
- Backend:
For all field in Delivery & Bounce Logs​
- Frontend:
In Delivery Report for Email Id, as for Status it's already there.​
6) MailWizz own Drag & Drop builder, because as a user I will never purchase third party solution.
7) Allow "Available Tags" to be used in the Reply To field so that different email addresses can be specified based on the subscriber it's being sent to. - @Mike Darling
8) Fancy sending to multiple lists (without creating a new merged list) - @Tantan
NEW FEATURES:
  • Add/Deduct Email Credits in Customer Account without changing Group
  • Customer notifications based on quota/email balance - 50%, 10% and 0%, something like Interspire.
  • Social Share Email
  • A/B Split Test
  • Multiple Customer access to one list/campaign (not only with sub accounts)
  • Sub Accounts
  • Admin access to all Lists
  • End User Blacklist Removal Request
  • Filter subscriber who is not open campaign
  • Unsubscribe via email reply
  • Custom fields
  • Logs deletion after 30 days or custom date set by admin automatically.
  • Admin can restrict certain customers to view reports or export reports in campaign overview. - @Syed
  • Admin can restrict subscribers view/details for certain customers. - @Syed
  • Bulk-unsubscribe users via CSV - @bidorbuy
  • Bounce Processing directly via PMTA Log files or WebAPIs - @pradeep sharma
  • Stats of Mailbox Provider - Track the performance of your messages at Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail. Something like SendGrid.
  • Stats of Device - Find out what your recipients are using to engage with your email.
  • Click Mapping in reports of the campaign - @Syed
  • FBL Report Separately
  • Groups of Lists - @Diego
  • Basic Stats at the List of Campaigns - @Diego
  • Add Web API for sendinblue.com - @Martino Hugo

EXTENTIONS:
  • 2-Factor Verification - @Ankit

EXTRA FEATURES:
  • Filtering top performers (clicks/opens) per list or across all lists. - @VVT
  • Much detailed subscriber status (Confirmed, Unconfirmed, Bounced, FBL reported, Blacklisted) - @VVT
  • Removing global blacklist. Instead, bounce flagging should be customer level (No ESPs keep bounce history for individual customers globally I guess - no need to keep a separate list of bounces and waste space/processing power unnecessarily, instead the checks can be done against bounced ids in the lists owned by the same customer if needed. It's the responsibility of end customer to maintain teh cleanliness of the list). Then add a global and customer level suppression list (csv upload) + regex based global blacklisting. - @VVT
  • An intelligent reputation monitoring system. It should consider bounces, unsubscribes, fbl complaints, abuse reports via app, click rate, open rate. Ex - global acceptable bounce rate is <3-5% and fbl is <1-3% . And list the abusers in ascending/descending order - this is helpful to find out the rotten one from a bucket of good tomatoes ! - @VVT
  • A survey or a paid survey integration. - @VVT

LAST UPDATED ON 02ND MARCH 2016 FOR @twisted1919 :)

can u pls update this (weekly/monthly)
and also cross out what has been done?
this way, progress is visible ;)

please!

prepaid credits - example . CUSTOMER 1 has 1000 credits - use 300 , you get 700. makes another purchase of 500 and is added to the 700 that had giving a result of 1200 credits . you understand? I use google translate

-----

creditos prepago - ejemplo. CLIENTE 1 tiene 1000 creditos - usa 300, le quedan 700. realiza otra compra de 500 y se le suma a los 700 que tenia dando un resultado de 1200 creditos. se entiende? uso el traductor de google

@frm.mwz - i'm just afraid this will get >10 pages long, then it'll be more problematic to read and pick than solve.

while new stuff can be added at the bottom/end,
one might assume it is supposed to be edited
and crossed out when done
in the very first (long) post (by the creator, one might hope: @AC AFD)
;)

Last edited:
Hello,
we have that issue sometimes with clients:
Campaign > Advanced Recurring
- The advanced recurring right now just creates a cron, set by default to "every minute".
This is wrong, since it's not easy to understand and it can be very spam-friendly. One of our users just sent the same campaign every minute by mistake, luckily we stopped it.

The option to send every minute and every hour should be disabled.
Also, it should be added an option to set a date limit for the recurring sending (for example: send on monday every week at 06:50, until 30th June), since one can easily forget about his recurring sends.

Lastly, would be nice to have a way to find all currently active recurring campaigns, to be sure you don't lose track of anything.

x2 for this. Everything is in place on this page: /customer/index.php/lists/all-subscribers Just need an option added to filter subscribers by date added which is a standard filter with many major autoresponders.

-- Identifying Subscribers With Unopens in the Last 30, 60 Days etc (Suggestion)

A regular task in the EM niche is to "identify" subscribers who didn't open
emails in the last 2 or 3 months (the period doesn't matter) so you can then....

- Delete these subscribers (which cost you money)
- Send other kind of offers to try to re-engage.

Best Practice
What i've learned from this is that you need to consider the "subscription date"
for the formula.

For example:

> If you look for "unopeners" within the past 60 days....people who subscribed
yesterday (or 2 days ago) will also appear as "unopeners".

Best Formula (Applied by Most Email Marketers):

> You set a date (example 60 days ago).
> You find subscribers who
---- Have been added before that date and....
---- Who didn't open emails since that date.

<------------ Added Before / x Date in the Past (Ex: 60 Days Ago) / --------> No Opens Since

This way you don't treat new subscribers as unopeners.

Back