Few questions about MW and AWS

darkmag16

Hello we have just purchased the MailWizz.
And got few questions about system.

1. We are going to provide E-mail marketing software to our customers. And we are going to use AWS SES as a delivery server. If customers will want to send from theis domain do we need to add this domain to our AWS SES panel as a sending domain ? Or just adding DKIM sign to their domain is enough ?

2. Can we add AWS SES SMTP credentials as a bounce server. If yes will it handle bounces ?
Also if we will add different regular SMTP server. Does the bounce server must be in the same server as sending server ?

3. Before we were using our servers and different software for our customers. Can you advice most affordable Email Sending Organization which has a good speed and deliverability ?

4. What are feedback servers ? And do AWS has a feedback server feature. I mean do we need make some manual integration for it ?

5. Is there a freelancer which can make for us a frontend theme ?

6. Is there a way to change URL addresses for translation purposes ? For instance "/customer/lists/create" to -> "/client/listes/créer"

@darkmag16 - I think i can answer these:
1. As far as i know, you will need to verify the sending domain with amazon ses. DKIM signing doesn't help for this.
2. No, you can't do that because bounce server have to be regular email boxes. However, use Amazon SES WEB API server type, this way bounce processing is automatically.
3. I am using SparkPost and MailGun, both are good.
4. You don't need to use them if you use delivery servers of type web api.
5. --
6. No, this is not possible.
Hope it helps.

Thanks for answer. I need to expand my first question. Is there a sending company which I can integrate where just customer will make a DKIM and start to send. Or I just need to setup my own SMTP server with IredMail or etc ?

Thanks for answer. I need to expand my first question. Is there a sending company which I can integrate where just customer will make a DKIM and start to send. Or I just need to setup my own SMTP server with IredMail or etc ?

> Is there a sending company which I can integrate where just customer will make a DKIM and start to send.
It should work for most of them.

> Or I just need to setup my own SMTP server with IredMail or etc
It is going to be a lot easier if you take a 3rd party smtp instead of your own server.

> Is there a sending company which I can integrate where just customer will make a DKIM and start to send.
It should work for most of them.
---
Can you give a example. My customer will add his domain as a delivery domain and create DKIM records in his DNS and this will be ok ?

> Or I just need to setup my own SMTP server with IredMail or etc
It is going to be a lot easier if you take a 3rd party smtp instead of your own server.

Can you give a example. My customer will add his domain as a delivery domain and create DKIM records in his DNS and this will be ok ?

When you will be using 3rd party smtp servers, you don't need dkim records and such. You just setup your delivery server and your customers will send through it.
You can also add various delivery servers and assign them to various customers or customer groups.

When you will be using 3rd party smtp servers, you don't need dkim records and such. You just setup your delivery server and your customers will send through it.
You can also add various delivery servers and assign them to various customers or customer groups.
Please explain how DKIM should be set
if customers use their sending domain and mwz sends via 3rd party smtp.

Please explain how DKIM should be set
if customers use their sending domain and mwz sends via 3rd party smtp.
DKIM should be set at the provider's end. Even if MW adds signature, that will either be overridden or included along with their signature (double signature). You will have to add and verify your sending domain there to have it whitelabeled.

MW dkim feature can be used when you relay through your own SMTPs. Advantage is that you can successfully sign your emails with any verified domain even if a shared server is used, without much of complexity.

DKIM should be set at the provider's end. Even if MW adds signature, that will either be overridden or included along with their signature (double signature). You will have to add and verify your sending domain there to have it whitelabeled.

MW dkim feature can be used when you relay through your own SMTPs. Advantage is that you can successfully sign your emails with any verified domain even if a shared server is used, without much of complexity.

So in a conclusion we should add the domain to the Providers System if we are not using our SMTP ?

So in a conclusion we should add the domain to the Providers System if we are not using our SMTP ?
Right. But, there can be exceptions, but in 99 pct cases, you will be able to add n verify the domains at providers side.

There are a number of delivery servers where one cannot set DKIM at their end (e.g. smtp.com),
then DKIM signing by the mailer is needed (and hence DKIM settings in mwz help).

If you use your own SMTP at your server, that is usually setup anyway with spf/dkim (by cpanel e.g.) and does not need mwz signing.

The whole question came because one would use a server with mwz on it, a 3rd party smtp, and customer domains, and these customer domains need DKIM signing, either at the 3rd party smtp or by mwz.

Please correct whatever is wrong in the above. Thx ;)

I just need a mail provider which my user can just set his mail(as a from mail) from MW and send campaign automatically.
So why I asked this question :)
If you got a solution for this problem please let me know :)

I just need a mail provider which my user can just set his mail(as a from mail) from MW and send campaign automatically.

Not sure exactly what you mean.

Do you mean e.g. your customer has a customer@gmail.com email address and they want to use that in the FROM field?
(the generic ones, like yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc, are not recommended)

If they use customer@CustomersOwnDomain.com, then you just make sure spf and dkim work (run a test).

If you want it done automatically, then you could use your own domain (where spf and dkim fully work) and give them an address for their account (and this could be automated). The problem with that is, that any complaints will weigh down your domain's reputation, which is why a customer's own domain is since a while the preferred way of many ESPs' FROM settings.

@frm.mwz
There are a number of delivery servers where one cannot set DKIM at their end (e.g. smtp.com),
then DKIM signing by the mailer is needed (and hence DKIM settings in mwz help).

I have never used smtp.com. But, if they don't sign the emails like you said, then it falls in to the 1% exceptions I told about:p. In that case, you can get the signing done at MW side like you said.

If you use your own SMTP at your server, that is usually setup anyway with spf/dkim (by cpanel e.g.) and does not need mwz signing.
If it's your OWN smtp, then you will be setting up the server, right ? ;) Assume that you have an smtp server with dkim set up. If that's used by multiple clients, they probably have multiple domains verified and added to MW. How will your SMTP server come to know which domain/key-pair has to be used for signing ? Here, 2 cases -
1. You use a single domain/key to sign your emails.
Advantage : Simple to configure
Disadvantage : The signature itself may become suspicious to ISPs if spamming is done. Then it affects everyone who uses it. Also, some clients may not agree with using a shared signature.
2. Sign using the customer domain
Advantage : Complete white labelling. Reputation isolation. Better privacy.
Disadvantage : Will be difficult to sign at SMTP since clients may add/remove keys/domains any time. A complete self-service/automation will be much complicated and might need MW code modification.

So, here in case 2, you can have the emails signed by MW to avoid unnecessary complications.

The whole question came because one would use a server with mwz on it, a 3rd party smtp, and customer domains, and these customer domains need DKIM signing, either at the 3rd party smtp or by mwz.

Please correct whatever is wrong in the above. Thx ;)

This varies from case to case. There will be some 'if' cases to answer this, and explaining it case to case will be pretty longer.

First off, your requirement is not clear. For a simple/easy setup - Fix a 3rd party provider, See if they support DKIM signing, if yes, do it there and offload MW. Assign that server to the customer and you should be fine. If you're looking to achieve something like a complete self service platform, ie, if you're giving your customer the flexibility to add or remove 'signing' domains any time at MW, you have to have a proper idea on how to design the infrastructure - that depends on your business logic/requirement.

@frm.mwz

I have never used smtp.com. But, if they don't sign the emails like you said, then it falls in to the 1% exceptions I told about:p. In that case, you can get the signing done at MW side like you said.

If it's your OWN smtp, then you will be setting up the server, right ? ;) Assume that you have an smtp server with dkim set up. If that's used by multiple clients, they probably have multiple domains verified and added to MW. How will your SMTP server come to know which domain/key-pair has to be used for signing ? Here, 2 cases -
1. You use a single domain/key to sign your emails.
Advantage : Simple to configure
Disadvantage : The signature itself may become suspicious to ISPs if spamming is done. Then it affects everyone who uses it. Also, some clients may not agree with using a shared signature.
2. Sign using the customer domain
Advantage : Complete white labelling. Reputation isolation. Better privacy.
Disadvantage : Will be difficult to sign at SMTP since clients may add/remove keys/domains any time. A complete self-service/automation will be much complicated and might need MW code modification.

So, here in case 2, you can have the emails signed by MW to avoid unnecessary complications.

This varies from case to case. There will be some 'if' cases to answer this, and explaining it case to case will be pretty longer.

First off, your requirement is not clear. For a simple/easy setup - Fix a 3rd party provider, See if they support DKIM signing, if yes, do it there and offload MW. Assign that server to the customer and you should be fine. If you're looking to achieve something like a complete self service platform, ie, if you're giving your customer the flexibility to add or remove 'signing' domains any time at MW, you have to have a proper idea on how to design the infrastructure - that depends on your business logic/requirement.

Mh, it's a good way of putting some of the above posts into various cases.

Let's see if we have missed the point of @darkmag16 's question
if/once it gets clarified (as that was what I was trying to answer all along).

Back