Merged lists

Napoolion

Hello.

I have a client with multiple lists. They sent out an campaign, but merged list has so much fewer people in it:
Only 3537

But it created the list from these: List a - 128 List b - 4285 List c - 505

and Bonus question:
If people unsubscribe from list, what are the benefits of totally removing them from the list after 28 days.

Best wishes,
Silver

Hey,

The counters for the list include only confirmed subscribers, the blacklisted / unsubscribed are not included.
That might explain why you see those numbers.

If people unsubscribe from list, what are the benefits of totally removing them from the list after 28 days.
If the subscriber opts out and you still keep him in the list as active, then you are most likely going to be reported as spam much often, that's why you should eventually remove the email from the system.

Thanks.

Hey,

The counters for the list include only confirmed subscribers, the blacklisted / unsubscribed are not included.
That might explain why you see those numbers.

If the subscriber opts out and you still keep him in the list as active, then you are most likely going to be reported as spam much often, that's why you should eventually remove the email from the system.

Thanks.
Thanks Twisted,

Second question: Will they still get emails when they are marked as unsubscribed from the list. I mean more of why not delete them immediately from the list?

:)

Second question: Will they still get emails when they are marked as unsubscribed from the list. I mean more of why not delete them immediately from the list?
Nope, they will not get emails anymore, so is safe to keep them, which brings us to why we should keep them and the answer is that, if you remove them directly, you also loose all the stats related to them, and you don't want this :)
If you delete them after 7 days (mailwizz does it automatically) then you already know the stats and it's safe to delete them.

Bottom line is that you really have nothing to do, mailwizz will do all above by default.

Nope, they will not get emails anymore, so is safe to keep them, which brings us to why we should keep them and the answer is that, if you remove them directly, you also loose all the stats related to them, and you don't want this :)
If you delete them after 7 days (mailwizz does it automatically) then you already know the stats and it's safe to delete them.

Bottom line is that you really have nothing to do, mailwizz will do all above by default.

Alright, thank you Serban.

One more question, I noticed that when sending out email, the statistics in mailwizz don't show bounces, while it shows it in mandrill.
How can I fix that?

Best wishes,
Silver

One more question, I noticed that when sending out email, the statistics in mailwizz don't show bounces, while it shows it in mandrill.
How can I fix that?
You should use Mandrill Web Api when creating a delivery server in mailwizz because that will handle bounce processing as well.

If you are using mandrill with the SMTP implementation, then you have to edit your mandrill account and set it to forward the bounces to some email address that you will set as a bounce server in mailwizz, this way, when you get a bounce, mandrill sends it to your selected email address, then mailwizz connects to that box and retrieves the bounce.

Thanks.

sorry to pull up an old thread.. I had a quick question regarding merged lists

Lets say im sending a email to my merged list that is merged using List A List B and List C

Now lets say I have new subscribes to List A but I am emailing the merged list

Will the new subscribers in List A automatically be included in the merged list when I select to send to the merge list or will I need to re sync the lists in order to include the newly added subscribers? I guess what im trying to ask is if the merged lists are synced with the individual lists they are created from?

hope this makes sense

thanks

Will the new subscribers in List A automatically be included in the merged list when I select to send to the merge list or will I need to re sync the lists in order to include the newly added subscribers?
You'd need to resync, once the merged list is created it loses any connection with it's sources lists.

You'd need to resync, once the merged list is created it loses any connection with it's sources lists.
Ouch... Ive been mailing a merged list - all subscribers have been getting added to a different list but was always under the impression the newly added subscribers would also get emailed

Can I make a feature request? To sync individual lists with any merged lists once every 12/24 hours ?

Nice call.. Im guessing it will work somewhat like aweber where we are able to include lists?

Just hoping it wont send out duplicate emails if we have subscribers on list A and List B and include both lists when sending a campaign

@Ahmed - Thing is that we look to discard the use of merged lists in near future...

the best solution for me it would be to change relation between tables "campaing" and "list" as "many to many".
for me the priorities are this and language of subscribers, added as custom field by default for use it in the segmentation and the mode of unsubscribition per subscriber and not per list

thank you great work code is very clean

campaign_to_list.png

@Tony - That's the basic idea. There are still some issues afterwards that need fixing, and those are the most time consuming. We'll reach at these at some point for sure.

Back