direct unsubscribe url not always unsubscribing

emailwrks

hi,

i am still using 1.3.6.0 at the moment in time - just in case this is related.

But i am seeing an issue where some people are not unsubscribed when they have clicked on the direct unsubscribe url. And i can see this reflected in that they are clicking the unsub link multiple times and still shown as confirmed in the mailing list after hours and hours. I can only assume an error of some kind is shown

Whenever i test it to myself only it works though. is there any backend process i can check to see if anythings getting stuck?

thanks

@emailwrks - each subscriber has an UID (unique id) that you can see in url, it is a 13 chars long string.
For example, your unsubscribe link might look like:
http://domain.mailwizz.com/index.php/campaigns/ff302tyla2e5e/track-url/ty136mphtj453/fc67ed9a3a250f099156f51e783aa1b58f490e55
So ty136mphtj453 is your subscriber uid. Swap it with the subscriber uid that you want to test for and it will do the trick.
How do you find a subscriber uid?
In 1.3.6.2 you can see that field in subscribers list, but in 1.3.6.0 when you edit a subscriber, the url looks like:
http://domain.mailwizz.com/customer/index.php/lists/oq533r5mjwd52/subscribers/ty136mphtj453/update
where ty136mphtj453 is the subscriber uid.

okay, so i can't seem to get all the information together correctly to test this with subscribers. My link construct is slightly different.

It works in all my tests though, i'm going to update and test again.

The thing is i can see people are having problems, and a few are not being unsubscribed. So this is worrying me quite a bit

Could there be any issues where email clients have blocked the links or preventing the expected behaviour from taking place? in regards to the direct unsub url link?

Could there be any issues where email clients have blocked the links or preventing the expected behaviour from taking place? in regards to the direct unsub url link?
Now that you mentioned it, i v.1.3.6.0 contains a link in headers to the unsubscribe forms, link that might be loaded by the email clients to see if the page really exists.

Back