Workflow Questions

AE_2020

Hello! Hoping someone with some experience with MW can help...

I run Author.Email, which is an ESP/marketing platform for authors. We run on MW, and typically through SES and ElasticEmail.

I like those two because the verification process for "From" addresses (customers' emails who will be sending through us) is straightforward:
  1. Add the email address to EE/SES
  2. Configure a couple options (only for SES)
  3. Verification link is sent, customer clicks it, we're done.
That's it.

BUT SES sucks, and EE is somehow even worse.

Unfortunately, trying to use something like SendGrid won't work, because I'd have to re-verify every single email address INCLUDING adding their individual company addresses, from address, reply-to address, name, etc...

That's insane — why so much information for individual senders?

Anyway, the question: What SMTP or API services DON'T require all of this? Which one should I set up that won't require me to use domain-based authentication (SparkPost), or require me to add a million pieces of data for every freaking email address I want to send from?

Alternatively: is anyone sending on behalf of customers some other way? i.e. is someone sending from an account-level email address (like all the emails from any customers come from "hello@author.email")? Is this typical?

Would love to hear how others are doing it!

That’s… not at all what I was asking.
MailJet also have a feature like elastic email and amazon ses which allow you to add multiple sender address in two steps: add email address, confirm link. The same and SendingBlue (Brevo) have something similar , it's sending a verification code which is need to be added.

MailJet also have a feature like elastic email and amazon ses which allow you to add multiple sender address in two steps: add email address, confirm link. The same and SendingBlue (Brevo) have something similar , it's sending a verification code which is need to be added.
Ah, okay, this is super helpful — thank you!

Back