What sort/order order does Mailwizz send a campaign in?

ggwwbb

Does the platform take the list in the order it was imported or sort by domain for more efficient SMTP connections or something else?

(I'm looking to avoid having any single domain feel like they're getting hit by dozens of emails at once.)

Thanks! Truly awesome product!

@ggwwbb -It has no specific order, the order is how the mysql server decides when subscribers are selected from the database.

@ggwwbb - to add to what @laurentiu said, MailWizz lets mysql return the results as it sees fit in the sense we do not set a order in the sql clause that brings back the results. This allows mysql to do a small optimisation and speed things a bit as ordering might create temporary tables or sort on disk which is slow.
That being said, when mailwizz receives it's result set from the database, it does a lot of tricks, one of them is to order the subscribers in a way that it tries to avoid having 2 email addresses from same domain, one after another, of course if possible, if your list is only gmail, then there's nothing much to do.

That being said, when mailwizz receives it's result set from the database, it does a lot of tricks, one of them is to order the subscribers in a way that it tries to avoid having 2 email addresses from same domain, one after another,

See, this is why I love the product -- smart stuff like this! Thanks!

Hi, I'm using for B2B email, and I think for me it would be best to send to all emails at a specific domain in order. I have ordered the list by domain, but this is randomising it. How could I send in the order the list is in? Is there any real danger sending say 10 emails to the same domain in quick succession?

Regards

FYI Anyone, if you need to send in order I achieved this by using a google docs to webhook in the data record by record into a autoresponder so it sent in the order I wanted

Back