Warmup plan feature - basic questions

sensei247

I am new to using Mailwizz + dedicated VPS email hosting - any guidance on the questions below would be greatly appreciated.

Context:
+ We are running our own, separate VPS with both IMAP+SMTP setup
+ The VPS is today only using 1x IP address
+ VPS is running Virtualmin with ~8x unique domains (e.g. domain1.com, domain2.com, etc. -->all tied to the 1x IP address
+ Assume 1x email address is tied to each domain
+ In Mailwizz, we have setup 1x delivery server (1x for each "from email") for each domain (in total: 8x delivery servers, all using same hostname/IP but different "from emails and thus different domains)
+ I am trying to understand how the the Mailwizz "Warmup Plan" actually works...

Questions regarding Mailwizz's warmup plan
1. When utilizing Mailwizz's warmup plan, are emails sent AND received or ONLY SENT from the delivery server mailbox (the "from email") defined?
2. What exactly is being "warmed" up?
A) The VPS' IP?
B) The individual domain attached to the VPS' IP?
C) The email inbox tied to the domain?
D) All of the above?
3. Do we...
A) Need to warmup every delivery server (and respective mailbox) on the VPS given all domains share the same IP address? Or...
B) Only need to run the warmup for 1 delivery server given all domains share the same IP address?
4. Are the emails being sent to a large list of recipients that Mailwizz has in their databases OR do I need to buy and upload a list of email addresses which the delivery server will send email to through the selected warmup plan?
5. As the warmup plan is running, will we be able to see the emails in the "from email" mailbox's "sent" / "inbox" folders?

Many thanks for your help!

I am new to using Mailwizz + dedicated VPS email hosting - any guidance on the questions below would be greatly appreciated.

Context:
+ We are running our own, separate VPS with both IMAP+SMTP setup
+ The VPS is today only using 1x IP address
+ VPS is running Virtualmin with ~8x unique domains (e.g. domain1.com, domain2.com, etc. -->all tied to the 1x IP address
+ Assume 1x email address is tied to each domain
+ In Mailwizz, we have setup 1x delivery server (1x for each "from email") for each domain (in total: 8x delivery servers, all using same hostname/IP but different "from emails and thus different domains)
+ I am trying to understand how the the Mailwizz "Warmup Plan" actually works...

Questions regarding Mailwizz's warmup plan
1. When utilizing Mailwizz's warmup plan, are emails sent AND received or ONLY SENT from the delivery server mailbox (the "from email") defined?
A) The VPS' IP?
B) The individual domain attached to the VPS' IP?
C) The email inbox tied to the domain?
D) All of the above?
3. Do we...
A) Need to warmup every delivery server (and respective mailbox) on the VPS given all domains share the same IP address? Or...
B) Only need to run the warmup for 1 delivery server given all domains share the same IP address?
4. Are the emails being sent to a large list of recipients that Mailwizz has in their databases OR do I need to buy and upload a list of email addresses which the delivery server will send email to through the selected warmup plan?
5. As the warmup plan is running, will we be able to see the emails in the "from email" mailbox's "sent" / "inbox" folders?

Many thanks for your help!
Same question and #2 don't have answer!

I think the blog article from Sendgrid that is also attached to the article from our KB that I pointed out is explaining in details everything: https://sendgrid.com/resource/email-guide-ip-warm-up/ . To sum it up you will warmup the IP used for your delivery server for sending and you will gain good reputation for the domain/email used for sending.

You will run campaigns as usual, but the number of sent emails will be limited accordingly to the warmup plan quotas.

Cosmin

The article @laurentiu is NOT clear on what is being warmed up. There's no setting to define who will be the recipients and the contents of the email being sent to the recipient during the warmup schedule so I am assuming the recipients and content is supplied by MW? If the warmup plan is setup in the backend is this applied for all customers?

Last edited:
@CRINKLE9ponytail - Warmup plans are schedules for delivery servers, and delivery servers are used in campaigns, and that's where the actual process of warming the delivery servers happens. And since they happen when campaigns are sending, by definitions, they are applied to customers.

Back