v1.3.6.2 duplicate sending

Re #2, I found the missing emails in global blacklist, but they'r not in the list anymore :eek:. Blacklisting is turned off via perf flag in my system. Also, blacklisted days is set as "5" and these emails bounced today only. Not sure what made them missing from the list while other bounces are there in both list and BL.

Sent a test campaign and was watching the processes. I can see two processes running, but looks like it's a parent and child process. This is expected, right ?

root 19187 0.0 0.0 12860 1208 ? Ss 04:31 0:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/php5 -q /html/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
root 19189 2.9 0.1 294436 39048 ? S 04:31 0:01 /usr/bin/php5 -q /html/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns

Sorry, here's the screenshot. Re #2, those emails are missing from Delivery log as well.

Attachments

• Duplication.png
    Duplication.png
    235 KB · Views: 15
Hi @twisted1919 ,

1) This has happened to me again, this time with a different customer, different list and different type delivery server (Elastic Email). Please see attached. I verified that a set of emails have been sent twice.

2) The "Delivered" count is coming down periodically, may be with the number of bounces going up. It was showing 10079 at the beginning and is now showing 10026 while I'm typing this.

3) See the delivery time. It's visible that the campaign took only 27 mins to finish, but it's showing 1 month 3 weeks ?!

I didn't have a chance to run the cron manually this time because it happened at random. Last time I tried manually for a list that showed the same issue but everything went fine. Now the list, campaign, customer and delivery servers have been ruled out. Will have to look in to something else. This is getting me some bad names :(

Quite puzzling...
...could it stem from some cache of the pcntl not being written out, then overlap, then assumed progress, then no write...just a hunch. Probably @twisted1919 will debug step by step and let us know.
Reporting this is really useful, @VVT !

Hmm.. Can't rule out any possibilities now. Master has been helping, but no useful update yet.

UPDATE :

@twisted1919 provided me a SendCampaigns.php file and I'vent observed the duplication behaviour since it was activated. Happy that it works so far, but again time has to prove :D.

Can you please also look in to the other 2 issues ?

2) The "Delivered" count is coming down periodically, may be with the number of bounces going up. It was showing 10079 at the beginning and is now showing 10026 while I'm typing this.

3) See the delivery time. It's visible that the campaign took only 27 mins to finish, but it's showing 1 month 3 weeks ?!

Regarding #2, I found that the delivery log entries AND subscribers were also removed. So I'm unable to track it back. Only possibility I see is, those might have got deleted because the "Blacklisted days" in the backend has expired, but again that's set to 5 days and this was happening on the very day the campaign was sent. And it's weird that the delivery log entries also got deleted. May be we need to explore all the cases where the delivery log entries would be deleted to trace back to the root cause ?

And it's weird that the delivery log entries also got deleted.
Delivery logs are deleted in following cases:
1) You remove a (list)subscriber for good. Then all the data related will get removed, including the delivery logs.
2) If delivery fails up to 3 times, the failure delivery logs are removed so that sending retries are done again. After 3 retries, the delivery logs don't get removed anymore and the delivery gets the "GIVEUP" status.
That's all the cases i can think of right now.

Hi @twisted1919 ,

Just refreshing this thread as the #3 issue (miscalculation) still persists. ie, total delivery time is calculated as the time difference between "send at" and "finished at" values. But I guess this should be between "started at" and "finished at" values. For example, the below campaign actually took 48 mins to complete, but the system reports 1h 25m.

upload_2016-6-6_23-58-13.png

Back