Updates related to Envato Support Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased over 2 weeks ago

Item ID: 6122150
Purchase Date: 2016-04-12 21:40:08 UTC
Doug, your SE still reads expired, s/t is not working...at envato or the forum software (...can you have a look @twisted1919 )...should it not go by support pack or license code (curl checked with envato)?

• Login to your CodeCanyon account.
  • On the main menu (where your username is) hover over it and click on downloads
  • Once on downloads click on each of the MailWizz App and Extension you have bought.
  • On the sidebar click on Extend and Save
You will be able and see something similar to the below
Purchased licenses

You have 1 license for this item. Download.
Starting a new project? Buy another license.

Support

5 months left
Get an extra 6 months of support now and save $9.60. $24
How does support work?
How much do I save by extending now?

Hope this helps

Doug, your SE still reads expired, s/t is not working...at envato or the forum software (...can you have a look @twisted1919 )...should it not go by support pack or license code (curl checked with envato)?

@twisted1919 ...
...can you please make the forum display the correct end date(s) of support/license, as some who have a new license/support pack are still display "expired"? This of course comes after any 'fire fighting' of super urgent mwz issues, but then it would be nice if your customers would feel this kind of appreciation that their recently bought items show properly. As posted before, I guess either envato or the forum software are the trouble makers and it ends up your's to solve, sorry! :rolleyes::confused:

as some who have a new license/support pack are still display "expired"
This is updated each 24 hours. There's not much we can do since we depend on the Envato API for this and we can't query their api too often as they have some limits.

This is updated each 24 hours. There's not much we can do since we depend on the Envato API for this and we can't query their api too often as they have some limits.
You know I would (almost) take a bullet for you, but somehow the envato or forum software is not updating properly these SE dates, as it should be for Doug K different, and as well for me (using second license key in forum now)... do they make you pay for using their API to update these dates?

@frm.mwz - you make me blush :p

It's not they make you pay, it's just each day you'd have to go over all the forum members and for reach member, query the envato api and get proper info. This really takes a lot of time. And because of this, i choose to only query the members that don't have an active support pack. Rest of members, that do, regardless of the fact they purchased new versions that would give them an even more extended support period, are not checked anymore.
However, keep in mind that if you got a license 3 months ago and your support is active next 3 months because of that and then you buy a new license then here on the forums, it will show the support will expire in the next 3 months. However, when it actually expires, the other support pack that is still active is used and then the counters on the forums are updated.

Using the above way will make sure we always see if a certain user has support or not.
Doug K's case is no exception, i checked at envato's api and he didn't renew.

Now, i could query the envato api for all members each day, but really it doesn't make sense to do so since i can live just fine with some of the stats not being properly updated(LT/LC) and i can update those stats for each member that wants this especially.

As always, i am open to change, but i also don't want to abuse the API for things that we can live just fine without ;)

@frm.mwz - you make me blush :p

It's not they make you pay, it's just each day you'd have to go over all the forum members and for reach member, query the envato api and get proper info. This really takes a lot of time. And because of this, i choose to only query the members that don't have an active support pack. Rest of members, that do, regardless of the fact they purchased new versions that would give them an even more extended support period, are not checked anymore.
However, keep in mind that if you got a license 3 months ago and your support is active next 3 months because of that and then you buy a new license then here on the forums, it will show the support will expire in the next 3 months. However, when it actually expires, the other support pack that is still active is used and then the counters on the forums are updated.

Using the above way will make sure we always see if a certain user has support or not.
Doug K's case is no exception, i checked at envato's api and he didn't renew.

Now, i could query the envato api for all members each day, but really it doesn't make sense to do so since i can live just fine with some of the stats not being properly updated(LT/LC) and i can update those stats for each member that wants this especially.

As always, i am open to change, but i also don't want to abuse the API for things that we can live just fine without ;)

It makes sense to save resources, I agree!
On the other hand, it would be nice if it were automated.
It must be b/c you put every minute into mwz ;)

it is automated, and right above your post it's explained exactly how it works ;)
When reading
https://forum.mailwizz.com/posts/11868
it seemed that
"each day you'd have to go over all the forum members and for reach member, query the envato api and get proper info. This really takes a lot of time. And because of this, i choose to only query the members that don't have an active support pack."
and
"Now, i could query the envato api for all members each day"
indicate a manual procedure...
Please explain what you think when you read that.

"Now, i could query the envato api for all members each day"
indicate a manual procedure...
I would tell the exactly viceversa - query the api means a script running and doing the queries (automatically, most probably via a cron).

Because of the limitations on number of queries from the envato side twisted1919 decided to only query the users that have no S.E at the moment of the query (to check if they prolonged or not), therefore it does not update those that have a valid S.E (because of the limited query number). As long as the S.E is expired (based on the info that twisted1919 stores in own DB) the query is run to check the user, but if user has active S.E than there's no need to check it's validity again.

Above are just my assumptions. If I'm not right twisted1919 can correct me :)

Doug purchased using another account than the one he used here on the forums, that's pretty much the reason ;)

Updated Support For Next Six Months,
Thank you
PrHJXA.jpg

I too can't find where to buy the support pack only - they always want you to buy the application (already bought) plus support pack. Any ideas anyone?

To buy on Support Pack. On the Application Information Page, Look on the right - column.

You see two links; "Overview" & "Buy License". Click on the Overview link. Below the "Overview Tab", you will the "Extend now & Save" Link or another information clickable on the Green Button. The Buy License tab will be having "Add to Cart" & "Buy Now" buttons, you dont need that.

Click on the "Extend Now & Save" link on the "Overview" tab. The resulting window will show you only price for support pack only. Try it and revert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back