Unsubscribe Me.

Eric535

I am constantly getting these annoying emails where the subject reads something like this

Campaign-Uid:an46773fzz1dd / Subscriber-Uid:gc2158tbvo817 - Unsubscribe request

I have read around that I need to setup an email box monitor. I used the link below

So when I go to servers > email box monitors and try to setup a new one with a google workspace account I get the following error:

The IMAP extension is missing from your PHP installation.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 5.57.05 PM.png

Before I go on any further, Will i be able to set this up being that google has strict authentication with 3rd party apps?

BTW i removed all the username info for privacy

Is there any other ways to handle this besides the monitor?

That is letting you know that you are missing the PHP-IMAP module. You need to have that enabled in order for the script to access IMAP Servers. You will either need to install it or have your hosting provider install it.

That is letting you know that you are missing the PHP-IMAP module. You need to have that enabled in order for the script to access IMAP Servers. You will either need to install it or have your hosting provider install it.
But once I install it, is it going to work or google too strict now?

Why do I even get those messages? They are all the same. What steps are the subscribers taking to create those messages? Why dont they just use the unsubscribe link?

But once I install it, is it going to work or google too strict now?
Yes, it will still work. SMTP is what has gotten stricter.
Why do I even get those messages? They are all the same.
Those are messages from the Email Provider instead of the end user. That is why they are all the same. User is clicking on an unsubscribe link or marking it as SPAM/Junk. Instead of hitting you with a SPAM, they are trying to unsubscribe the user to save you the nasty hit.
What steps are the subscribers taking to create those messages?
Normally just a click.
Why dont they just use the unsubscribe link?
Don't expect all users to scroll to the bottom to click unsubscribe. It is sometimes easier to click on SPAM/Junk at the top.

Back