Unique discount codes for an e-commerce store

OptiBiz1

Just wondering if anyone have generated unique discount codes (unique per email subscriber) for an e-commerce store, distributed via MW?
Any hints on how to do it?

I am thinking about a combination of the MW subscriber email with the name of the discount code and then an MD5 on that on both ends to be compared on the e-commerce side and, if valid, apply the discount code in the shop.

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone have generated unique discount codes (unique per email subscriber) for an e-commerce store, distributed via MW?
Any hints on how to do it?

I am thinking about a combination of the MW subscriber email with the name of the discount code and then an MD5 on that on both ends to be compared on the e-commerce side and, if valid, apply the discount code in the shop.

Thanks!
One way could be random generation and then insert by api into the dbf.
Another way could be to do that directly in phpMyAdmin (triggered events).

That's totally doable. I think only the email will suffice since it's unique in the list anyway.
In mailwizz you can do something like: Hi [FNAME], your super duper discount code in value of $10k is: [EMAIL:filter:md5].
And that will produce the md5 which you can check on the other end. You can also use sha1 instead of md5

Great, but with only the email, then such a user would be able to claim any offer.

It's now on our list on things to implement (along with another 20 plugins or so :) , but the next thing to dig into after the Reseller Management Plugin is finalised, is a Deep Stats Plugin). Besides implementing the plugin, we also need to implement a plugin on the e-commerce store side, which I believe should include plugins for Woocommerce, Magento, Prestashop.

Thanks for your valuable insights and dedication!

Back