Templates Thumbnails generated issue

dreyerretief

Hi,

I just needs some help, is it possible to adjust the view port used to create the thumbnails for templates.

It seems they are generating from the mobile view once the width is more than 600px. I have manually tried replacing them but when they are re cached they are broken again. It also seems that some images are also not present in the thumbnails for some reason..

These templates are not upload but built with the unlayered extension so I cannot upload the screenshot.png

1711376381540.png

Last edited:
@dreyerretief - We had a discussion internally and for now we won't be able to add this feature, it's more than the eye can see here, those thumbnails are set to autogenerate so it would overwrite any custom one you upload.
Maybe you can use the name of the template as a differentiator.

@dreyerretief - We had a discussion internally and for now we won't be able to add this feature, it's more than the eye can see here, those thumbnails are set to autogenerate so it would overwrite any custom one you upload.
Maybe you can use the name of the template as a differentiator.

What do you mean by "Maybe you can use the name of the template as a differentiator?"

What can I do on my side to get them to load correctly?

What do you mean by "Maybe you can use the name of the template as a differentiator?"

What can I do on my side to get them to load correctly?

Also where is the code located that does the generation maybe we can just set this to larger size so that it does not render the mobile view but the full size view..

Also where is the code located that does the generation
If you open /customer/assets/js/templates.js you'll see how the width and height are used there. You can change those sizes and see if it helps. It will only take effect in customer area when you view the templates gallery. If that helps you, we'll find a way to allow you to allow those sizes dynamically via a hook.

so that it does not render the mobile view but the full size view..
600x is not the mobile view, it is the standard view you'll get in email clients. Generally, email templates are designed at this size.

If you open /customer/assets/js/templates.js you'll see how the width and height are used there. You can change those sizes and see if it helps. It will only take effect in customer area when you view the templates gallery. If that helps you, we'll find a way to allow you to allow those sizes dynamically via a hook.

600x is not the mobile view, it is the standard view you'll get in email clients. Generally, email templates are designed at this size.
Thanks, I have decided to load the templates at 560px it seems the thumbnails are then generated better but remote images are not displayed how could I fix this? Images are hosted on s3 storage...

You mean they are not displayed in the generated thumbnail? if so, I think that's a limitation of the library we're using to generate those screenshots...

Back