some headers flagging mails to google promotions (bulk mail) tab

@bidorbuy thanks for the warning. I am creating my first newsletter so am looking for the best practices. My use case is a simple tech-related newsletter (not selling stuff, just informing my existing blog followers). I'll use double opt-in, and I verified that even without the extra headers Mailwizz is able to do the correct bounce and spam report processing. I will include an unsubscribe link in the bottom of the message body as well as a physical address for CAN SPAM. My idea is to make the newsletter be friendly and write it like any email with plain text and no images. In fact I'm planning to send it directly from my normal email address. Would you recommend this plan or might it damage the deliverability and in fact mess up my normal email account?

After we had a disastrous incident in 2010 (our mail IP block got blacklisted due to bad practices) we spend over a year recovering from this which included new IP blocks and a complete rework of our mail infrastructure.

We have accepted that users will want to find an easy way to unsubscribe and we make sure that we provide them with all opportunities - List-Unsubscribe, FBL, proper bounce handling, prominent links. Initially this caused a huge drop in subscribers but eventually it stabilises and the open-rate click-through rate has dramatically improved.

A few days ago we installed an extension provided by @twisted1919 which allows us to also modify the List-Unsubscribe header to include a custom mailto link and we have seen great success with users unsubscribing from newsletters (more info here: https://github.com/magicdude4eva/port25-bouncehandler/blob/master/mailwizz-unsubscribe-extension).

Marketers will panic if their contact lists churn, but to be honest if your content is not very good, why obfuscate/hide the option to unsubscribe?

I personally would leverage of all tooling to keep your contact lists clean. If your MTA supports List-Unsubscribe, FBL and bounce-handling then invest the time to understand what needs to be configured. If you happen to use Port25, my Github page has a well working integration which supports all those practises.

Does this still work in MailWizz 1.3.7.2?

I also wanted to delete telltale mass-mail headers and am able to make my emails very clean with the following changes (Mailwizz version 1.3.6.5):

Remove mention of a mailer:
Comment lines 339 - 341
/apps/common/components/mailer/MailerSwiftMailer.php

Remove Gid, Sid, List-Id, Report-Abuse, Unsubscribe etc
Comment lines 675 - 684
apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php
Comment lines 331 - 340
apps/console/components/behaviors/CampaignSenderBehavior.php

Remove Reply-To (I send directly from a reply-to address)
Comment lines 269 - 271
apps/common/vendors/SwiftMailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMessage.php
Comment lines 267 - 269
apps/common/vendors/SwiftMailer-5x/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMessage.php

I found that Amazon SES does not need those campaign and customer headers in order to do bounce processing. I get the correct behavior for bounced messages, out-of-office responses, spam complaint and SES suppression lists.

I have found that adding this to the extension initially @twisted1919 did sends the email to inbox on GMAIL instead of promotion tab, I tried with and without the extra lines of code (I think they are ALL wrong since I have very basic knowledge of coding) but it actually working and not removing the lines on the headers which I think is a good solution since core files aren't changed.

// run the extension
public function run()
{
Yii::app()->hooks->addFilter('console_command_send_campaigns_before_send_to_subscriber', function($emailParams, $campaign, $subscriber, $customer, $server) {
if (empty($emailParams['headers'])) {
$emailParams['headers'] = array();
}
foreach ($emailParams['headers'] as $key => $value) {
if ($value['name'] == 'List-Id') {
unset($emailParams['headers'][$key]);
}
}
if ($value['name'] == 'Customer-Uid') {
}
}
if ($value['name'] == 'Customer-Gid') {
}
}
if ($value['name'] == 'Delivery-Sid') {
}
}
if ($value['name'] == 'Tracking-Did') {
}
}
if ($value['name'] == 'List-Unsubscribe') {
}
}
return $emailParams;
});
}
}

I also wanted to delete telltale mass-mail headers and am able to make my emails very clean with the following changes (Mailwizz version 1.3.6.5):

Remove mention of a mailer:
Comment lines 339 - 341
/apps/common/components/mailer/MailerSwiftMailer.php

Remove Gid, Sid, List-Id, Report-Abuse, Unsubscribe etc
Comment lines 675 - 684
apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php
Comment lines 331 - 340
apps/console/components/behaviors/CampaignSenderBehavior.php

Remove Reply-To (I send directly from a reply-to address)
Comment lines 269 - 271
apps/common/vendors/SwiftMailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMessage.php
Comment lines 267 - 269
apps/common/vendors/SwiftMailer-5x/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMessage.php

I found that Amazon SES does not need those campaign and customer headers in order to do bounce processing. I get the correct behavior for bounced messages, out-of-office responses, spam complaint and SES suppression lists.

In case anyone else does this, you need to keep the following for bounce processing, otherwise bounce processing doesnt work:

'X-Mw-Campaign-Uid' => $campaign->campaign_uid,
'X-Mw-Subscriber-Uid' => $subscriber->subscriber_uid,

---

If you removed this Bounce processing will not work..

I'm having the same issue with newest Mailwizz version, any solutions to this for 2020?

Standard emails go in inbox, but autoresponders ALL go to promotions...

2020-11-14 12_43_03-Inbox (1) - brunoxuzo@gmail.com - Gmail.png

Back