[SOLVED] Relay Access Denied for gmail and other domains outside my own.

bz87

Hello I need help or advice - can't seem to send emails to recipients outside my domain via Mailwizz

When trying to add the delivery server, in the backed if i send it to mydomain.com, the emails goes through but when I send it to gmail or emails outside my domain i get this.
Here is the transcript error on Mailwizz when trying to validate server to non mydomain emails.
================
===============

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 12.09.20 PM.png

I guess this link explains my issue

Additional info
I’m using a dedicated VPS on LINODE (using MIAB installation) and have no problems sending email and receiving them .However the issue arises when trying to send from Mailwizz to
email outside my domain.

I appreciate any advice

EDIT: HI ok so i got some help from a freelancer and it turned out using port 587 as the delivery server SOLVED the problem if you use MIAB SMTP.

Last edited:
However the issue arises when trying to send from Mailwizz to
email outside my domain.
Outisde mailwizz, can you send to other domains?
because i don't see what mailwizz could do to cause this issue, to me it seems it's related to the smtp server settings, but, fir a start, what's your delivery server settings in mailwizz, can you show us a screenshot?

Outisde mailwizz, can you send to other domains?

Yes I can

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

Im pretty sure it' my SMTP settings and not mailwizz but still would like to know what im doing wrong if anything.

ALso found a thread here of someoen having the same setup (Using MIAB) as me and having the same issue but he got it resolved by himself, not sure how he did it though.

https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/relay-access-denied.6797/

as for the delivery servers settings im using this
Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 5.23.19 PM.png

For Delivery server validation purpose, can you try to send on your domain Email id and see you receive or not ?

For Delivery server validation purpose, can you try to send on your domain Email id and see you receive or not ?
Hi Vpul shah,

Thanks for chiming in,

Yes i did do a test to my own domain for Delivery server validation and got the email, no problem. So the credentials are correct if that's the reason you're asking. :)

Last edited:
Hi Vpul shah,

Thanks for chiming in,

Yes i did do a test to my own domain for Delivery server validation and got the email, no problem. So the credentials are correct if that's the reason you're asking. :)
Yes. Now using this Delivery server you can run a test campaign with Gmail and other id and see how it goes.

HI ok so i got some help from a freelancer and it turned out using port 587 as the delivery server SOLVED the problem if you use MIAB SMTP .

Back