Soft Bounces

Eric535

How are soft bounces handled? Will They be put on the blacklist and never be sent an email again or will they stay active on my list and sent an email on my future campaigns? Don't understand why these would be considered soft especially since the server responded no valid recipients. They should be treated as HARD and never be sent an email again.

smtp; 554 no valid recipients, bye
BOUNCED BACK

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 10.57.18 AM.png

I checked the and that particular message matches hard bounces indeed:
Code:
Matched rules:
Array
(
    [0] => Array
        (
            [/no.*valid.*(?:alias|account|recipient|address|email|mailbox|user)/i] => hard
        )

[1] => Array
        (
            [/no valid recipients/i] => hard
        )

)
Are you using a regular SMTP to send your emails, or a 3rd-party provider and you send emails via their API implementation?

I checked the and that particular message matches hard bounces indeed:
Code:
Matched rules:
Array
(
    [0] => Array
        (
            [/no.*valid.*(?:alias|account|recipient|address|email|mailbox|user)/i] => hard
        )

[1] => Array
        (
            [/no valid recipients/i] => hard
        )

)
Are you using a regular SMTP to send your emails, or a 3rd-party provider and you send emails via their API implementation?
AWS API

If you take a look in backend > settings > cron > "Settings for processing Delivery and Bounce logs" > Max soft bounces, you will see the number of times an email has to soft bounce before it will be marked as blacklisted and never send an email to it ever. You can also manually add these emails in the global blacklist if you are sure they're no good.

Back