Setting Up ElasticEmail Delivery Server

Jukkis

Have been trying to set up delivery servers for the Mailwizz.

Sparkpost told that I need to configure DNS Records TXT and CNAME records. However my hosting company advised that if we do that, our standard emails are re-routed to Sparkpost. Is there a work-around for that so that our existing email set up does not need to be changed?

ElasticEmail gives API Key that I can set in the Backend/Delivery Servers. However when I try to Validate Server I get error as follows:-
  • Cannot send the confirmation email using the data you provided.
On ElasticEmail have not set Domain. In the Add Domain pages it talks about the SPF, DKIM and MX records.

Is there an idiot's guide what needs to be set up in the delivery server fields e.g for Elaticemail (or Sparkpost assuming I can still use our existing email provider) ?

And also how to set up system so that Bounce Server and Feedback Loop servers work using Webhooks API (I understand that you do not need to set up them but webhooks handle them, however, how do I set the SPF, DKIM and MX records so that it works and does not interfere with existing email servers).

OK - No replies so far - but have now manage to validate ElasticEmail.

What the bulk email services seem to ask is to provide validation of your Domain, so they can trust the email sending. To do they ask to change DNS records for our domain. So when I asked our Hosting Service to do this for Sparkost, they replied that this would interrupt normal emails and services, if we change the settings! Being not expert, this got me extremely worried and did not proceed with Sparkpost. Cannot have our existing server & emails not working!

After registering on the ElasticEmail, I found a good article about "Verify Your Domain"
https://elasticemail.com/resources/settings/your-domain/

This explains about DNS records (DMIK, Tracking i.e CNAME, DMARC). They can actually be appended to existing records! Not replacing existing --> meaning your existing web-site & email should continue to run.

So I send the app note to the server engineers and they have now managed to append the DNS settings.

So to set up ElasticEmail
- Register on ElasticEmail
- Set up your Domain on the ElasticEmail
- Verify your domain
- Set up Notifications on Elasticmail (mailwizz article)
- Crete API Key

Now on the Mailwizz Backend / Servers / Delivery Servers
- Create new delivery server for ElasticEmail and use the API from the ElasticEmail
- Verify Server --> and it should work

Has anyone got experience of sending emails with Elasticemail.

Managed to send email for 99 people OK - however the bounces and clicks were not recorded back to mailwizz (actually Mailwizz recorded a small number of clicks etc. but looking at the logs on the ElasticEmail, only small percentage of the clicks were channeled via API back to Maiwizz).

Then I sent the second campaign for 800 people. The mailwizz recorded that 39% was sent and got stuck.

Looking through ElasticEmail console for Email logs it only showed that email was sent to two people.

Also ElasticEmail dashboard shows 'in progress' always as 0.

So does anyone know if the ElasticEmail console should show the emails in progress?
Any ideas why the clicks etc are not channeled fully back to Mailwizz?
-

@Jukkis - did you actually tested the links in your campaign to see if they redirect to the right place and if they do, if the click is tracked properly in both places ?

Back