RSS Feed Image and Post Date Custom Work

Leandro Rocha

I am interested in a custom work for the RSS Import feature from MailWizz. I need two new funcionalities:

1- Suport to Enclosure Tag: Actually MailWizz only support the tag <image> for fetch images from posts and I would like that it support also the tag <Enclosure>
2- Limit Item Fetch by Date: Actually the MailWizz limit the quantity of posts based in a number of posts. I would like that was possible to limit based on the date that they was published using the tag <pubDate>. Example: I would like that was possible to limit the quantity of new post to 5 posts published in the last 7 days. If a post was published before 7 days or there is more than 5 posts in last 7 days these posts must be ignored.

Interested please send me a quote for this work.

I am interested in a custom work for the RSS Import feature from MailWizz. I need two new funcionalities:

1- Suport to Enclosure Tag: Actually MailWizz only support the tag <image> for fetch images from posts and I would like that it support also the tag <Enclosure>
2- Limit Item Fetch by Date: Actually the MailWizz limit the quantity of posts based in a number of posts. I would like that was possible to limit based on the date that they was published using the tag <pubDate>. Example: I would like that was possible to limit the quantity of new post to 5 posts published in the last 7 days. If a post was published before 7 days or there is more than 5 posts in last 7 days these posts must be ignored.

Interested please send me a quote for this work.
perhaps easier to find a wordpress plugin that will allow you to get the RSS input into the shape you want/need for mwz

Hi @frm.mwz

I dont use wordpress so its a bit more complex, but seems that there is another problem. I asked to @twisted1919 in another topic to confirm if MailWizz really work with <image> tag, but he doesnt replied until now.

If mailwizz use <image> to fetch the image maybe we have a problem, because the <image> tag is for the channel image (the top level of a feed) while <enclosure> tag is for items. Use a <image> tag for itens will invalidate the RSS for W3C compliance, by example.

https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/rss-image-issue-and-others-questions.2774/

Hi @frm.mwz

I dont use wordpress so its a bit more complex, but seems that there is another problem. I asked to @twisted1919 in another topic to confirm if MailWizz really work with <image> tag, but he doesnt replied until now.

If mailwizz use <image> to fetch the image maybe we have a problem, because the <image> tag is for the channel image (the top level of a feed) while <enclosure> tag is for items. Use a <image> tag for itens will invalidate the RSS for W3C compliance, by example.

https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/rss-image-issue-and-others-questions.2774/
If you can find a custom solution right now for your feed source to be in the format mwz can use immediately, that might be most efficient.

I agree, that find a custom solution for Mailwizz would be more easy, but the problem is that if MailWizz really use the image tag there is no solution for this, because no developer will create a RSS that is not compliance with RSS 2.0 standard. Just to know I can use my RSS without problems with MailChimp and Campaign Monitor, only MailWizz can't fetch my images.

I agree, that find a custom solution for Mailwizz would be more easy, but the problem is that if MailWizz really use the image tag there is no solution for this, because no developer will create a RSS that is not compliance with RSS 2.0 standard. Just to know I can use my RSS without problems with MailChimp and Campaign Monitor, only MailWizz can't fetch my images.
Just tried to give you an idea for a temporary solution until mwz is able to handle it your way.
Fortunately, you will find the solution in the other thread now:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/rss-image-issue-and-others-questions.2774
;)

Back