Reply tracking?

Gizmo321

Is there any mailwizz addon on extension, or any 3rd party service that I could connect to mailwizz, that would enable it to track replies? My goal is to have a multi part campaign that sends a 2nd email to the people who did not reply to the 1st.

Is there any mailwizz addon on extension, or any 3rd party service that I could connect to mailwizz, that would enable it to track replies? My goal is to have a multi part campaign that sends a 2nd email to the people who did not reply to the 1st.
what is your definition of "reply"?
open?...then send to non-openers
click?...then send to non-clickers
did not send you an email reply?...then exclude those who did
you can also put all email replies into a help desk pipeline

what is your definition of "reply"?
open?...then send to non-openers
click?...then send to non-clickers
did not send you an email reply?...then exclude those who did
By 'reply' I mean when they click the reply button and send us an email in response to ours. This is not the same as open or click tracking.

By 'reply' I mean when they click the reply button and send us an email in response to ours.
Thanks for clarifying. (This is exactly why I asked in such detail, to make sure there is no misunderstanding.)

any 3rd party service that I could connect to mailwizz
That is why I mentioned this:
and of course delete the ones that do not belong (after mwz cleans out the bounces and you take care of the non-recognized bounces and office replies, etc).

What I am trying to say is: even if you had some automation for it, it would most likely be semi-automatic, since many recipient mailbox providers decide these days if the sender, the from or the reply-to is used to reply back to you ("reply-to" is essentially deprecated). Hence, the "semi" auto, ie after you gather and sort them all, you could use some extractor to get the list of emails after you went through and then import them for the next campaign step.

Any better thoughts much welcome ;)

Just out of curiousity, is something saved in a header from the original mail if a reply to that mail is done? I am thinking of whether it's possible to keep track on the campaign to which the receiver replied (apart from the subject line, that that would look bad)

Not sure if I fully understand what you mean. Various email browsers have different reply formats and may be adjusted to take different sources for the recipient address (x-sender, reply-to, from, VERP, etc). If each campaign had a unique from/replyto/returnpath address (could be one and the same) then reply tracking maybe a bit easier, but the second part of filtering them out remains (as there would still be the bounces, O³R (out of office replies), the actual replies, spm, etc).
Keep pushing the ideas, this is an ROI kicker.

I meant that let's say you run two campaigns to promote one product to the same list, if the subscribers reply to the email you might want to know which of the campaigns they responded, so my question was whether some header etc can be used for keeping track on what campaign the reply came from.

I understand that a reply-to email can be used or that it could be possible to have the campaign ID on the subject line, but the question is whether e.g. some header info is saved from the sendout when the subscriber chooses to reply to a message.

If not I guess one could have just about any reply-to email address, set it up as a catchall and then go through the inbox after emails matching certain criterias to match the campaign.

I meant that let's say you run two campaigns to promote one product to the same list, if the subscribers reply to the email you might want to know which of the campaigns they responded
yes, this confirms we are on the same page

so my question was whether some header etc can be used for keeping track on what campaign the reply came from
mh, i do not think so, since it cannot be guaranteed that they will be in the reply.

the question is whether e.g. some header info is saved from the sendout when the subscriber chooses to reply to a message
one may try to include campaignID in the email body (it is a tag afaik), but one does not know if the reply will strip it (due to e.g. length of email) or if e.g. the replying recipient may edit/shorten the email if quoted in the reply, etc

If not I guess one could have just about any reply-to email address, set it up as a catchall and then go through the inbox after emails matching certain criterias to match the campaign
that's pretty much what i tried to point out above re semi-automation

one way that i found works well is to design the reply with the "mailto" reference ;)
so let's keep exploring this...it is essential to have very good customer communications!

...but mailto can only be used with email clients, not webmail.

(This is a good discussion! I appreciate it)

Back