Possible bug: Max Subscribers Sendout

Prezzyz

Hello there,

Yesterday I tested twice to limit the max subscribers when sending out to a list.

Each segment had a total amount of 60-70 thousand subscribers and for warming up IP reasons, I intended to send 5,000 max per segment. This feature failed and ended up sending over 100,000 emails that could have burned our brand new IP. Could you look into it or is it maybe a hidden setting in the backend?

Thanks for your support :)

can you tell, what settings you have applied ?

How many smtp you have assigned ?

Have you set in delivery server hourly quota 5k ?

can you tell, what settings you have applied ?
See my cron settings in the attached image

How many smtp you have assigned ?
There is only one smtp assigned

Have you set in delivery server hourly quota 5k ?
It's set to 50 at once, 100 emails per minute

I've tried another test last night by limiting the subscribers to 5000, 4000, and 6000. All three campaigns were sent to the entire list. Thus, glitch confirmed. Can we have this fixed soon? Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• cronsettings.PNG
    cronsettings.PNG
    60.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Go to Delivery Server > Set hourly limit to 5000, so it will send only 5k emails hourly.
I Don't intend to sound an ignorant, but my logic tells me that won't fix the issue.
For example, if the segment I send to has 35,000 subscribers and I only intend to send to a portion of all (e.g. 7,000). Then it will send 5k every hour for 7 hours..

If you want to send 50000 email

Then

In Delivery server set Hourly quota to 5k.

Then to send 50000 email campaign - it send 5k email hourly so finish your campaign it takes 10 hrs.

If you want to send 50000 email

Then

In Delivery server set Hourly quota to 5k.

Then to send 50000 email campaign - it send 5k email hourly so finish your campaign it takes 10 hrs.
I think you don't understand my problem here. I wish to send smaller amounts than the segments I have. Thus limit X campaign to a maximum number of subscribers. The feature mailwizz offers to make this happen is broken.

I'll look into it, meanwhile, can you tell me if you're using pcntl for sending?
Thanks. No we are not using pcntl

Correction: I just found out we have PCNTL set to "yes" on cron but I can't find any extension in the extensions panel. Is PCNTL vital for that feature to work?

Last edited:
@Prezzyz - PCNTL causes issues because it sends in parallel and because of that the app cannot properly count and stop when it has to.
However, we have fixed the issues related to pcntl in the latest version, so after the upcoming release you should b fine.

Correction: I just found out we have PCNTL set to "yes" on cron but I can't find any extension in the extensions panel. Is PCNTL vital for that feature to work?

check if pcntl installed:
php -m | grep pcntl

output if installed:
pcntl

See my cron settings in the attached image

There is only one smtp assigned

It's set to 50 at once, 100 emails per minute

I've tried another test last night by limiting the subscribers to 5000, 4000, and 6000. All three campaigns were sent to the entire list. Thus, glitch confirmed. Can we have this fixed soon? Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Thanks for the help

as your cron settings shows pcntl enabled, it would blast through DS limits once parallelization is at work

this is why up until incl the current version one must set the limits so that parallelization will from the outset work within the limits of DS and campaign and customer (group)

same issue here, want to send out 50.000 mails at a max of 25/hour.
I hoped this was the correct setting for the specific delivery server: https://puu.sh/vryB4/b5ca59b616.png
unfortunately, alls 50k messages were send in a few hours.... PCNTL is enabled on our server, but, that bug was fixed 6 months ago? we are running 1.3.8.6
thanks,

hm

Back