Options For Domain Hosting

BobbyP

Can anyone point me in the right direction where they have had great success not getting blocked as spam or had a lot of hurdles with their server email providers stopping them. I'm sending millions of emails a month 3 email accounts per domain with maximum 30 emails per account a day and even putting it over multiple servers at site grounds I'm still getting flagged

Here are some of the basics to follow:
  1. When using a new server, you need to warm up the IP they use. This is going be at least a 30-day process.
  2. Shared hosting means that the IP used is shared with others on that server.
  3. Shared hosting is not always the best. Try to get dedicated VPS or Dedicated servers with Dedicated IPs.
  4. RDNS (Reverse DNS) is very important.
  5. If using 3rd party SMTP servers (SendGrid, Mailgun, etc), then make sure you are using dedicated IPs from them. There is also the issue that those providers may give you an IP that is marked as bad and will take time to heal.
  6. Try not to add too many IPs too fast. That will trigger some filters as possible spam.
  7. Make sure you have a proper Feedback loop server when needed. This may not be needed for 3rd party services as they will inform you via webhooks or API.
  8. Lastly is just the content. Make sure it is clear and has good HTML. Careful with links to 3rd parties as those are scanned in emails and may cause a filter hit. I had a client with a link to a 3rd party site and that was marked as malicious and many providers started blocking them.

Back