Most Hard bounces are from yahoo mail

josephcvh

Hi there,

I have just email out a list for my customers. We have provide DKIM keys for my customer to verified on their end.

Most of the hard bounces are from yahoo mail.

Anyone know the reason?

Thank you,
Joseph

Do you use private smtp?
First check why you get hard bounces, error like this:
Code:
554 delivery error: dd Not a valid recipient - atlas207.free.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
mean that email doesn't exist.
Code:
smtp; 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 195.201.... temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes: retry timeout exceeded
Means you not process warm up, for some user click span button and you should wait and try again

Try register in yahoo FBL,
and fallow warm up process:

Last edited:
Do you use private smtp?
First check why you get hard bounces, error like this:
Code:
554 delivery error: dd Not a valid recipient - atlas207.free.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
mean that email doesn't exist.
Code:
smtp; 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 195.201.... temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes: retry timeout exceeded
Means you not process warm up, for some user click span button and you should wait and try again

Try register in yahoo FBL,
and fallow warm up process:

Hi @majid1f ,

I am using Amazon SES as my delivery server.

Most of the yahoo hard bounces are error like you mention:
Code:
 smtp; 554 delivery error: dd Not a valid recipient - atlas121.free.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
Code:
 smtp; 554 delivery error: dd Not a valid recipient - atlas124.free.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
Code:
 smtp; 554 delivery error: dd Not a valid recipient - atlas203.free.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

Before sending out the list, I have run a filter using DeBounce. But the results of these emails status are "Safe to send".

I wonder what else can I prevent this? As my Amazon SES bounce rate is now 6.7%.

Thank you,
Joseph

Hi @majid1f ,

I am using Amazon SES as my delivery server.

Most of the yahoo hard bounces are error like you mention:
Code:
 smtp; 554 delivery error: dd Not a valid recipient - atlas121.free.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
Code:
 smtp; 554 delivery error: dd Not a valid recipient - atlas124.free.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
Code:
 smtp; 554 delivery error: dd Not a valid recipient - atlas203.free.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

Before sending out the list, I have run a filter using DeBounce. But the results of these emails status are "Safe to send".

I wonder what else can I prevent this? As my Amazon SES bounce rate is now 6.7%.

Thank you,
Joseph
It's obvious, emails are invalid,
For yohoo mail, try : thecheker, I had better result.

Back