Mailwizz uses many delivery servers even only 1 is selected for campaign

derek

Hi All,

We have 100 delivery servers.
For each delivery server we have set 4-5 emails as hourly limit and 'Delay after send' is set to 8-12 seconds for each of 100 delivery servers.

And in backend--> Settings-> Cron -> "Change server at '1' "

Today we created a regular campaign and selected just 1 delivery server and scheduled it to end by 7PM.

In this test Mailing List we had 50 subscribers.

Mailwizz was doing fine and it took 6 hours to 28 emails were send using just 1 delivery server.

and suddenly it send email to remaing of 22 subscribers by other delivery server and rotated delivery servers.

We don't know the reason behind why this happened.

Meanwhile we just copied this existing running campaign and not even scheduled it.

This should not trigger it. but we don't know the exact reason why mailwizz selected other delivery server to send this campaign.

If @twisted1919 take a look on this matter it is highly appreciated.

@derek - I just had @laurentiu double check this, so let us run some tests and we'll get back to you.
Meanwhile, are you sure no setting has changed throughout the app that could affect this?

This should not trigger it. but we don't know the exact reason why mailwizz selected other delivery server to send this campaign.
I just did some tests and in our dev it works fine, mailwizz chooses the right server for delivery and no other delivery server is selected for the campaign. can you make sure your settings are set correctly as you explained here?

I just did some tests and in our dev it works fine, mailwizz chooses the right server for delivery and no other delivery server is selected for the campaign. can you make sure your settings are set correctly as you explained here?
Yes settings are same as i explained above.

Till 6 hours same server was being used for sending and every hour 4 email was being send.

Then i copied existing campaigns and not even scheduled it and noticed that remaining 22 emails were send hy random delivery servers.

Meanwhile no settings has been touched.

mailwizz > haproxy > smtp servers > .. destination

haproxy can also rotate servers and IPs

even better use both (mailwizz and haproxy rotations) :
mailwizz > same haproxy port A > same smtp servers > ...
mailwizz > same haproxy port B > same smtp servers > ...
mailwizz > same haproxy port C > same smtp servers > ...

if one is misconfigured or something don't let it work the other will
yes it is extra work but you configure it one time.
we can open a dedicated to haproxy post if you are interested for more.

mailwizz > haproxy > smtp servers > .. destination

haproxy can also rotate servers and IPs

even better use both (mailwizz and haproxy rotations) :
mailwizz > same haproxy port A > same smtp servers > ...
mailwizz > same haproxy port B > same smtp servers > ...
mailwizz > same haproxy port C > same smtp servers > ...

if one is misconfigured or something don't let it work the other will
yes it is extra work but you configure it one time.
we can open a dedicated to haproxy post if you are interested for more.
@mailme Yes please explain serip process, should we setup separate haproxy servers or on same server where mailwizz is there?

haproxy is configured to see smtp servers ips and ports
example
ip 1.1.1.1 port 25
ip 1.1.1.2 port 2525
ip 1.1.1.3 port (number of port that smtp server is working on)
you can add as many ips with ports you want no limit as i know haproxy can manage easy all
as i remember is not a heavy process you can add it in your best VPS (in cpu, ram and hdd) with a smtp server
or any you want (even same to mailwizz)
google it

Back