Mailwizz in Multi Setup Environment

Tarun Arora

Hi @twisted1919 @Vpul Shah

We are trying to send around 5 Lac Email per Day. SInce there would be lot of bounce and open/clicks happening. This would creating lot of load on the server and SQL while processing.

Whats the ideal way out for it ? Shall Cron be set with higher limit means more time for getting the data

Or else is there any option to have multiple Mailwizz server which can interact with one single server for showing data to customers.

My Current Server is VM with 4 CPU & 16 GM RAM sending around 1 Lacs Emails Per day and I face challenge if some big campaign like 50k emails is sent. The level of slowness goes to a point where "Refrresh" button is also not working or hanging.

Last edited:
You scale to multiple servers only when the current setup doesn't cut it anymore, which in your case is far from being true.

My advice is to first separate the web server from the database server. Make sure they are in same datacenter for lowest latency when they communicate. After you do this, keep in mind that most of servers, web server(use nginx), php-fpm(use php >= 7.2), mysql, are tuned for general performance, not for high performance, which means there is a lot you can do to improve their performance. Make sure the web server can handle multiple requests and that php-fpm is configured to do so as well. There are plenty tutorials on the internet showing how to do this. When this is done, do the same for mysql, for which we also have a guide.
When doing all this, you have to take into consideration each server resources, ram and cpu mostly. But it's also important to use SSD/NVMEs for storage since regular hard disks are super slow nowadays compared to ssd/nvm.
Generally speaking, the database server will be the one eating more ram and cpu while the web server will need less. If your database server is 4 cpu and 16gb ram, your web server can be 4 cpu and 8 gb ram.
Another note related to mysql ram, in a perfect scenario, you would have more ram than your data size. So if your mysql database weights 8GB, you need at leats 8GB of ram, and the mysql server must be configured to use them properly.

Hope this all helps, keep in mind these are general scaling strategies, they don't have anything to do with mailwizz, that's what you do for any large app that gets a lot of traffic.

@twisted1919

While I'm going from one tab to another tab ( All Campaigns to Lists) from backend or by customer login. It takes good amount of time to load the page. When I inspected it it was the index file which was causing the delay. When the server is not being used by any customer expect me then index file alone is loading in 8Secs and followed by others. Now this increases when there are lot of other customers in it.

I have changed innodb values even and still of no use.I have got the iops increased for my premium ssd to 1100 iops.. Server configuration is now 4cpu and 16gb ram.. (screen shot attached.)

I'm not able to figure out why this is happening, According to Microsoft Azure the H/W is not ever utilised and well in place.

Can you please help...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 11.42.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 11.42.56 PM.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 11.51.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 11.51.31 PM.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 13
When I inspected it it was the index file which was causing the delay.
That file is not causing any delay. That file is holding all the things you are seeing in your browser. If it loads slow is because other issues like communication with the mysql server, not enough resources, etc.
I asked already for details in the support tickets area.

Cosmin

Back