Mails not delivered with process status GIVE UP: "Too many mails received within the last 5 minutes"

Vidar

Hi,

I have imported 362 subcribers, sent my first E-mail campaign and have 100% sent rate, but only 20,7% delivery rate. When I looked into the logs, I can see that hotmail, gmail, yahoo and other common mails seems to reject the E-mails, like it was spam.

Any suggestions?

Here is an example of a GIVE UP log message: (I have masked the E-mailaddresses:

++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport << 220 smtpfilter4.public.one.com ESMTP Halon Mail Gateway >> EHLO fineide.no << 250-smtpfilter4.public.one.com 250-PIPELINING 250-SIZE 104857600 250-VRFY 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250 8BITMIME >> AUTH LOGIN << 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6 >> cG9zdEB0aWxzZWxza2FwZXQubm8= << 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6 >> QmFybmFtaW5lMw== << 235 2.7.0 Authentication successful ++ Swift_SmtpTransport started >> MAIL FROM:<post@XXXXXXX.no> << 250 2.1.0 Ok >> RCPT TO:<XXXXXXXX@hotmail.com> << 450 4.7.1 <zulejha.aliu@hotmail.com>: Recipient address rejected: Too many mails received from tilselskapet.no within the last 5 minutes !! Expected response code 250/251/252 but got code "450", with message "450 4.7.1 <XXXXXXXX@hotmail.com>: Recipient address rejected: Too many mails received from tilselskapet.no within the last 5 minutes " (code: 450) >> RSET << 250 2.0.0 Ok

Seems you are sending too fast, try to send fewer emails in a minute, best is to simply go to Backend > settings > cron and set a lower number of subscribers at once.

or you can try sending from a delivery server without such limits...

hotmail, gmail, yahoo and other common mails seems to reject the E-mails
Ideally use dkim, spf, dmarc (then test send a few and adjust til pass).
Also, send yourself a few into these services and then whitelist those emails (this will make them learn).
You will find plenty of good delivery servers w/ free monthly volume (and high acceptance rate) in the 3rd party section of the forum:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/delivery-servers-with-free-monthly-volume.1748
:cool:

Last edited:
Back