Large Number of application files

pinakin patel

Hi I am on Mailwizz 1.9.44 and use a cloud server. Most cloud hosting accounts now have number of files limit. So in my case it 100K file which I have bossted to 200 K files.

I do not perform an automated update so would not expect this number to change significantly.

But when I check the number of files on the hosting account is 160K files. This grows daily and exceeds 200k every so often.

So I now run this cron job once a day /apps/console/console.php clear-cache --verbose=1 >/dev/null 2>&1 to keep the files under 200K

Is 160K files typical for a mailwizz install?

Hello,
Since there are a lot packages that Mailwizz makes use of, the number of files is pretty high for V1. That's because we need to keep backwards compatibility with some older PHP versions. We recommend you to upgrade you to the V2 which has a much smaller size since we removed all these old versions. See more here: https://www.mailwizz.com/blog/mailwizz-2.0-is-here/

In any case, over the cache files, those are needed and except the clear-cache command there is nothing we can do about it.
Also a provider that restrict the files number might make you think to change it.

Cosmin

Back