Issues/Errors - Need help please.

i8ntech

Hello

I am facing the following issues with Mailwizz. could you please help

1. Campaign delete is not working. The campaign is paused. When I select it and run the Delete Bulk Action, a pop up shows up asking for confirmation but after I confirm it just refreshes the page and does nothing. The campaign is NOT deleted
2. I updated all the email templates from the backend including the common email template. However when I email the campaign stats, it still uses the Mailwizz default layout in the email. It does not use the common layout that I have updated with word mark, color changes etc. I didn't find any template for just the stats email. Could you please let me know how to fix this?
3. Another issue that I have noticed is that if I have to hyperlink some text without switching to code, then it incorrectly appends http or other protocol which becomes a nuisance when you want to use webview_url since the URL is not correctly formatted. I switch to code to work on this - but customers will not be comfortable.

Appreciate your help here! Thanks!

1. Campaign delete is not working. The campaign is paused. When I select it and run the Delete Bulk Action, a pop up shows up asking for confirmation but after I confirm it just refreshes the page and does nothing. The campaign is NOT deleted
Could you try to mark it as sent, does it work afterwards?

2. I updated all the email templates from the backend including the common email template. However when I email the campaign stats, it still uses the Mailwizz default layout in the email. It does not use the common layout that I have updated with word mark, color changes etc. I didn't find any template for just the stats email. Could you please let me know how to fix this?
This should use the layout from Backend > Settings > Email Templates > Common Layout indeed. If it doesn't, there's an issue somewhere.
@laurentiu will check this and will update us as to what is happening.

3. Another issue that I have noticed is that if I have to hyperlink some text without switching to code, then it incorrectly appends http or other protocol which becomes a nuisance when you want to use webview_url since the URL is not correctly formatted. I switch to code to work on this - but customers will not be comfortable.
Maybe this helps https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/the-correct-way-to-add-a-link-using-the-wysiwyg-editor/ ?

Hello. Thanks for your quick response. I already tried pausing it and marking it as sent. There was just one subscriber. It was sent already yet I tried to mark it as sent. Yet, to no avail. Pls check links below
After clicking on OK, the page refreshes but the campaigns don't get deleted.

For #3, I understand how to add a link - however, let's say I need to link the text "View this email in Web Browser". Now I will use Webview_URL as hyperlink. However, because the pop up already has https in it, the link doesn't get formatted correctly. In my case, it kept adding https// in front of https:// and the url would not work. I switched to code mode and inserted the tag in the a hyperlink to make it work. However not all consumers of the app will be savvy enough to even look at the source code. So is there a better way of using custom tags for hyperlinks from the editor?

Oh one more question - what is the bulk action - sharing code for? I tried searching kb.mailwizz and even this forum "sharing code" but could not find the documentation.

Oh one more question - what is the bulk action - sharing code for?

This action is for sharing campaigns between customers. This will be a copy of you campaign and you can share with others customers.

Hello. I figured out the issue with the email templates. I hadn't browsed through the email templates already created. I found one for the stats email.

I still have two problems with no solution yet. Could you please help?

1. Unable to delete campaigns
2. Despite file upload size being set to 10MB, mailwizz is ONLY allowing 1 mb file to be uploaded. PFB screenshot
1592255518697.png

This is the same in other places as well btw... any directly that is related to upload size that is.

1. Unable to delete campaigns
You have some error when you want to delete campaign?

2. Despite file upload size being set to 10MB, mailwizz is ONLY allowing 1 mb file to be uploaded. PFB screenshot
Adjust from the Backend->Settings->Import/Export file size limit.
If this will not solve the issue you will need to follow this article to increase the upload_max_size PHP directive: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/how-to-increase-php-upload-file-size-directive/

Hello. I figured out what was wrong with campaign deletion. Under customer settings, there was a place to indicate whether a customer can delete a campaign. That was set to no. So there is a problem with UI here. If this is set to no, then the customer should not see the option to delete. Else it results in the confusion that I mentioned above - where I kept hitting delete and the page just kept getting refreshed.

Thanks for sharing the import/export file size limit. I had actually looked at the article that you mentioned because that came up in the help documentation search. In that article, can you please put a link or some note mentioning the import/export file size limit? If it was on there, I wouldn't have asked. there are many settings in many places and as a new user, it takes some time to get to know all of these. So a few references in the right places will definitely help.

I have one more question - as an Admin I thought I should be able to modify customer campaigns but I have to impersonate customer to do that. Is this a setting that I need to change or is this by nature of the application? For example, when I tried to click on List -> Tools (to import subscribers) as an admin for a customer, clicking on tools did nothing. I had to impersonate the customer to import.

Yes I went through it. Thanks. Typically admin roles are able to do a little more than just configure settings. Since I can see all the campaigns etc. in the backend, I thought I should be able to manage them too. The impersonating does help though. Thanks for your quick responses! After a little playing around, I was able to start sending email campaigns. So thumbs up for that!

Typically admin roles are able to do a little more than just configure settings
That would mean we'd have to bring the entire customer area logic in the backend area, which means a lot of work and a lot of code to maintain, which i think it does not worth right now.

The option to Impersonate is a good one. No need for additional work of course :) Just wish the documentation is updated with more such details because the search on the kb website doesn't return a lot of results for most searches I have done so far.

Here are a couple of other questions which I would be grateful to get an answer for
1. If I add members to a list AFTER a campaign has been scheduled and sent, then can I resend the email to ONLY the newly added members? If yes then how?
2. I see sent at 100% yet delivered is lesser. How does that work? Also what is the resend Giveups option for?
Here's a screengrab from my recent campaign. Thanks!

1. If I add members to a list AFTER a campaign has been scheduled and sent, then can I resend the email to ONLY the newly added members? If yes then how?
This task can be do with autoresponders, on campaign confirmation you have option: Autoresponder event set it with: AFTER-SUBSCRIBE and if you want to send only to new subscribers make sure that option: Incl. current subscribers is set to NO

2. I see sent at 100% yet delivered is lesser. How does that work? Also what is the resend Giveups option for?
Here's a screengrab from my recent campaign. Thanks!
Mailwizz retry sending for failed emails up to 3 times, you can disable this from Backend > Settings > Cron > Retry failed sendings also in Backend > Misc > Campaign Delivery Logs you can see reason for giveups

That would mean we'd have to bring the entire customer area logic in the backend area, which means a lot of work and a lot of code to maintain, which i think it does not worth right now.

I understand your reasoning, but it's very confusing when you're logged in as an admin and you click on an action link and nothing happens. At first, I thought there was a problem with my browser, or a JavaScript error that was preventing the link from working. Finally, I searched the forum and came across this thread.

May I suggest a more elegant approach, that wouldn't require you to bring the entire customer area into the backend?

If an admin clicks on a link, like “List Tools”, instead of nothing happening, make it automatically impersonate that user and redirect to the corresponding page in the user area.

For example:
  1. Login as an admin.
  2. Navigate to /backend/lists/cd939rly3y81a/overview
  3. Click on “List Tools”.
  4. The system sets a cookie containing the current page URL.
  5. The system impersonates the customer corresponding to the list.
  6. The system redirects the admin to /customer/lists/cd939rly3y81a/tools/index
  7. The admin performs whatever actions he wants in the customer area.
  8. The admin clicks on the logout link to stop impersonating the customer.
  9. The system redirects the admin back to /backend/lists/cd939rly3y81a/overview
I realize some users might not want this automatic impersonation functionality, so you could make it an optional setting.

Back