Is there any way to Separate API host?

pradeep sharma

I am trying to setup a distributed application setup for Mailwizz Where we intend to serve API from a different server

our app is hosted on

but we API to be served on

I figured out that API URL in stored in DATABASE in options tables but it seems to be encoded.

1. I want to know which encoding is used and how can we decode it.
2. if we change API URL there to some different URL then what will be the Impact?

Regards

Pradeep

The api URL that is stored in the database is there so we can point people from the customer area to the API. It is updated each time when you save the settings from Backend > Settings > System URLs.
The data is saved in the options table, and that's just in binary format, so a regular query to update the data and to retrieve it will work just fine since the database client is responsible to translate that in a human readable format.
It should be no problem if you change the API url, but I don't see the reason TBH, you might as well let the URL be as is right now and just proxy the requests to /api to a load balancer of your choice which has a bunch of MailWizz instances ready to process those api requests.

The api URL that is stored in the database is there so we can point people from the customer area to the API. It is updated each time when you save the settings from Backend > Settings > System URLs.
The data is saved in the options table, and that's just in binary format, so a regular query to update the data and to retrieve it will work just fine since the database client is responsible to translate that in a human readable format.
It should be no problem if you change the API url, but I don't see the reason TBH, you might as well let the URL be as is right now and just proxy the requests to /api to a load balancer of your choice which has a bunch of MailWizz instances ready to process those api requests.
Make sense.. We are going with load balancer method to separate these request!!

Back