Inactives Cron Questions

Fifth-Floor

I'm a little bit confused on how the inactives cron works.

Specifically deleting or moving inactives in your lists as outlined at:

The statement below is from the move inactive subscriber page:
We introduced the move-inactive-subscribers command which will move subscribers that did not open a campaign or did not click a link in a campaign in a given period of time.
If I set this cron up for 30 days, does it move anyone in the list regardless of when they signed up if they do not open or click in the last 30 days?

OR

Does it move anyone added in the list 30 days or more ago who has not opened or clicked?

Can you explain specifically how it works? For some reason I'm not getting the results I am looking for. I'm adding new people into my lists daily via API. And I need a way to remove them if they have not opened or clicked in X days, and I assumed this cron would do that. When I do a search for subscribers who have opened in 30 days I get a different count thats much smaller than the list which has the cron running to remove people for --time="-30 days"

If I set this cron up for 30 days, does it move anyone in the list regardless of when they signed up if they do not open or click in the last 30 days?
Anything newer than 30 days, recent subscribers, will not be affected.

Can you explain specifically how it works?
Sure, we basically load subscribers older than X days, as explained above, then for each of these subscribers, we check if they ever opened a campaign in the last 30 days, if they did, we skip them, then we check if they clicked any campaign in the last 30 days, if they did, we skip them, otherwise, they are considered inactive and action taken against them.

Please note that in order for this to work properly, and you have instructed MailWizz to delete campaign logs from the system, you need to keep those logs at least the number of days your comparison goes for., otherwise, mailwizz will remove logs and your condition will not be accurate anymore.

P.S: You can run the command manually with --verbose=1 flag to see what it does in realtime.

Back