Importing hude data with lot of segments

Hi,

I need to import huge amount of data (with lot of segments like age, DOB, ZIP, State, Fname, Lname etc) in to Mailwizz among multiple lists. Right now all of the data is residing in Amazon S3. We are looking in to calling Mailwizz API using node to push the data from S3 to Mailwizz lists.

I am wondering if its possible to push the data directly in to Mailwizz tables so that data is available in to Mailwizz lists later as that would be faster looking at the size of the huge amount of data.

I have few questions :

1. Is it feasible and recommended to push data directly to Mailwizz database?
2. If yes, is there any documentation as to how to map Mailwizz lists to Mailwizz's MySQL database tables?
3. Are there any downsides of doing this or any precautions which need to be done like ensuring to pause campaigns while data push is being done.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

I am wondering if its possible to push the data directly in to Mailwizz tables so that data is available in to Mailwizz lists later as that would be faster looking at the size of the huge amount of data.
There are lots of tables being populated while you import subscribers, so this won't work like this.

1. Is it feasible and recommended to push data directly to Mailwizz database?
Nope, do not do this.

Instead, import all the data into another database table, format it as you need, then from mailwizz, use the "import from database" feature and import it from there.
Or write your data into CSV files and import the csv files in MailWizz via CLI import.

Importing is slow for a reason, it assures the data integrity and makes sure there aren't duplicates where they should not be, etc.

Back