I just discovered a pretty serious error

DooQuangDee

Hello everyone, I just discovered a pretty serious error.

When I created a customer file of about 2 thousand customers, my campaign ran very well. However, when I create a customer file of about 10,000 customers, the campaign reports an error sending 2 customers at the same time even though I have adjusted the speed to 180,000,000 (180 seconds/email).

When I increased the file to 20,000 customers, the system sent 3 emails at the same time without a break between emails.

Currently I have to split my client file into many small files for better sending. Can you show me how to fix this error?

Attachments

• Ảnh chụp màn hình 2023-12-21 135716.png
    Ảnh chụp màn hình 2023-12-21 135716.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 7
I read that article but this is a software error. Do you know how to fix this error? Thank you very much
If you want to add a pause between each email is sent then in delivery server you have a option: Pause after send (The number of microseconds to pause after an email is sent. A microsecond is one millionth of a second, so to pause for two seconds you would enter: 2000000)

If you want to add a pause between each email is sent then in delivery server you have a option: Pause after send (The number of microseconds to pause after an email is sent. A microsecond is one millionth of a second, so to pause for two seconds you would enter: 2000000)
I have installed this function but it only works when sending to a group of about 2,000 customers, but when creating a campaign with 10,000 customers, I get an error of sending 2 emails at the same time without taking a break between emails.

I have installed this function but it only works when sending to a group of about 2,000 customers, but when creating a campaign with 10,000 customers, I get an error of sending 2 emails at the same time without taking a break between emails.
From your picture i cannot understand if your PCNTL is enabled, can you tell me if this option is enabled or disabled? Also can you confirm that you are run only one campaign? Because if you have multiple campaigns these emails can be sent from these campaigns.

From your picture i cannot understand if your PCNTL is enabled, can you tell me if this option is enabled or disabled? Also can you confirm that you are run only one campaign? Because if you have multiple campaigns these emails can be sent from these campaigns.
I'm running about 6 parallel campaigns, PCNTL is always enabled.

I'm running about 6 parallel campaigns, PCNTL is always enabled.
If you are run six campaigns in parallel then that is why you send two campaigns at the same time and then it make a pause. If you want to run only one campaign with pause after each email sent then you need to disable PCNTL.

If you are run six campaigns in parallel then that is why you send two campaigns at the same time and then it make a pause. If you want to run only one campaign with pause after each email sent then you need to disable PCNTL.
My campaign still runs normally, but when sending files to more than 10,000 customers, an error occurs. It sends 2 emails at the same time in campaign A, but if I send the file to about 2000 customers, there will be interruptions between emails. I have installed 180,000,000 (180 seconds/email). This means sending 2 emails at the same time on the same campaign, not 2 different campaigns.

When I increased the file to 20,000 customers, the system sent 3 emails at the same time without a break between emails.
Just to be sure we're on the same page, what you mean above is that your subscribers get duplicate/triplicate emails in this case?
Because its not clear from your description.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, what you mean above is that your subscribers get duplicate/triplicate emails in this case?
Because its not clear from your description.
For example, my file has 4 customers: John, Andrew, Sam and Jack. I set the sending rate to 180,000,000 (180 seconds/email). If that happens normally, John will receive the email, Andrew will receive it 180 seconds later, then Sam, and 180 seconds later Jack. The entire campaign takes 540 seconds to complete. However, my software sends John and Andrew at the same time and 180 seconds later sends Sam and Jack at the same time and only takes 360 seconds to complete.

I'm warming up a new IP so I need to have a 180 second gap between emails instead of sending at full speed, otherwise my IP will get spammed.

There are two reasons why this might happen, if you're using PCNTL for sending, so check backend > settings > cron and make sure pcntl is disabled and two, you have more than one delivery server, like two of them, and the system selects one delivery server, sends the email, then switches to another one.
Other than this, I can't really explain why you'd get such behavior, but you can see exactly how the sending happens, in real time, by doing this https://www.mailwizz.com/kb/debug-send-campaigns-command/ which will help you understand what is going on.

As long as PCNTL is enabled, those pause settings apply per process, so if you have multiple processes, then each process will pickup subscribers, send, then pause, which means if you run 5 processes in parallel, you send 5 emails, the pause for 180 seconds, then repeat.
Everything is explained at https://www.mailwizz.com/kb/understanding-email-delivery-settings-and-how-they-impact-performance/
Ok I will check again, thank you for your support! Have a nice day

@DooQuangDee - Please keep in mind that we just added second and minute quotas for delivery servers, so from next version, from January, you will be able to set the max number of emails that can go out from a delivery server per second and minute, and that setting will be applied no matter how many pcntl processes you have, which I think will help your use case ;)

Back