How Unsubscription Works...??

munimwyne

Hi members,

May be this has been discussed earlier but I am really confused about it.

I want to know "how unsubscribe works"?

Suppose,

I have 5 email lists of different products but they have same email contacts.

I sent an email campaign to my first list and 10 users unsubscribed.

Now, my questions are:

1- Did they unsubscribed only from that list to which I have sent an email campaign or from all lists?

2- As unsubscribe URL has our domain name, so if someone unsubscribe, can we send them another email using same domain?

I would really appreciate your answers.

Thankyou!

- Did they unsubscribed only from that list to which I have sent an email campaign or from all lists?
Only from that list. MailWizz lists are isolated. So when a subscriber unsubscribes, it does so only from one list.

As unsubscribe URL has our domain name, so if someone unsubscribe, can we send them another email using same domain?
Of course you can. The domain name does not matter, the list matters.
Make sure your subscribers are double opt-ins, that they can unsubscribe just fine when they want, and you won't have any issue.

It was really helpful, if we are able to unsubscribe from all list, our something like blacklist ...

It was really helpful, if we are able to unsubscribe from all list, our something like blacklist ...
When you create a list you have this option: Subscriber actions > Actions when unsubscribe and from there you can select from which list you want to unsubscribe if subscriber exist in that list. Also you can update your list and enable this option.
Screenshot 2020-12-03 083350.png

Only from that list. MailWizz lists are isolated. So when a subscriber unsubscribes, it does so only from one list.

Of course you can. The domain name does not matter, the list matters.
Make sure your subscribers are double opt-ins, that they can unsubscribe just fine when they want, and you won't have any issue.
Thats really great and sounds good to hear that.

Thankyou!

When you create a list you have this option: Subscriber actions > Actions when unsubscribe and from there you can select from which list you want to unsubscribe if subscriber exist in that list. Also you can update your list and enable this option.
View attachment 12015
But imagine a list exist and we select "select all"
But if we add a new list and forgot yo update that old list, its not work for new list. Its often for my customer's

But if we add a new list and forgot yo update that old list, its not work for new list. Its often for my customer's
If you create new lists and select all option is enabled then and new list will be included.

There are different tags of Unsubscribe , Can anyone suggest what all do they refer or diffference

[UNSUBSCRIBE_FROM_CUSTOMER_LINK]
[UNSUBSCRIBE_FROM_CUSTOMER_URL]
[DIRECT_UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK]

How can we ensure that if customer unsubscribes from a list than if any new list is created then auto mode his email ID should be unsubscribed...

How can we ensure that if customer unsubscribes from a list than if any new list is created then auto mode his email ID should be unsubscribed...
You can set notification and a email will be send at email inserted in that filed when a subscriber unsubscribes from that list. If option "Subscriber action" is set to unsubscribe from all lists then subscriber will be unsubscribed from all lists.

Would this action be incorporated for new list created but with the same unsubscribed email ID
All subscribers which unsubscribe from list where action subscriber is set to unsubscribe from all lists then if that email exits in other list then this will be unsubscribed from that list.

Back