How to Segment by country?

hypeforeal

I want to create a segment of my subscribers in the United States

The problem is, my mailwizz export doesn't seem to have a field with this value (Country)

So when I click "Country - is - United States" it comes up with no matching subscribers

Well, if the fields don't have the value you are looking for, that makes it impossible to segment.
I assume you are using maxmind to translate the ip addresses into locations?
If so, you can edit your email list fields, and for the country, as a default value, set [SUBSCRIBER_GEO_COUNTRY]. Then, you need to tell mailwizz to populate those fields with their default values, so make sure in backend > settings > cron > subscribers settings you set "Custom fields sync" to yes. Then when the daily cron job runs, will try to populate the custom fields with the right values so you can segment.

Ah thanks for explaining that :)

Which maxmind file should I download? - I signed up and there were lots of options on their site.

I also can't figure out how to access my digital ocean file manager to place it. Do you know how to access that?

Well, if the fields don't have the value you are looking for, that makes it impossible to segment.
I assume you are using maxmind to translate the ip addresses into locations?
If so, you can edit your email list fields, and for the country, as a default value, set [SUBSCRIBER_GEO_COUNTRY]. Then, you need to tell mailwizz to populate those fields with their default values, so make sure in backend > settings > cron > subscribers settings you set "Custom fields sync" to yes. Then when the daily cron job runs, will try to populate the custom fields with the right values so you can segment.
Is there any option you can set by default this Geo location Country and other details into export stats.

Back