How to pause after send between each email for delivery server

derek

We have 100 delivery servers and we want to send 2-3 emails in an hour via each server and keep rotating server after sending 1 email.

For this we set 20 minutes "pause after send" in each delivery server and in backend-> Settings-> Cron-> Deliver Settings, we set Change "Server at 1".
Also tested by setting "Parallel sending via PCNT Yes"

But we noticed that Mailwizz after sending email waiting till "pause ofer send" interval and is not switching immediately to nex delivery server.

We are trying to achieve that we will not send more than 2-3 emails per hour using each delivery server and we want around 20-30 minutes gap between each email send via single delivery server.

Can you let us know how we send 5000 email per day using 100 delivery servers and by just sending 2-3 email via each delivery server at intervals of 20-30 minutes for each delivery server?

This "Puase after send" is critical as we want to rate limit speed of sending otherwise our SMTP account get blocked.

As of now we have 100 delivery servers we want to send total 5000 email per day and later we will scale system by adding few more hundreds for delivery server.

derek

If you have 100 delivery servers you can set the probability to 1% for each. So MailWizz automatically arranges the number of emails to be sent by each server. You can also set an hourly and daily limit in delivery server settings to keep your SMTP safe.
I have already set hourly and daily limits in each delivery servers, our main concern is controllthe speed of email sent, we want to just send 2-3 emails per hour via each delivery server and gap between each email sent should be 20-30 minutes.

derek

So maybe you can achieve this on the cron job level. Give 30 min interval to run send campaigns, instead of to work it in every 2 minutes. You can also randomise it:
I looked at stackoverflow answers, i don't think cron job will help.

Our requirements is to make a delivery server not to set more than 2-3 emails in an hour and there should be 20-30 minutes gap between each email.

We have 100 delivery server, so mailwizz keep rotate delivery server and total 5000 email should be sent each day by all servers combined, but each server will not send more than 2-3 per hour and there should be 20-30 minutes gap for each email send by every delivery server.

Limiting the speed of email send is critical, if we send more emails then our SMTP will get blocked.

derek

In post i have mentioned that we have set "change server at" 1.

Do you think "Pause after send" in delivery server setting will help?

Because if we set "Change server at 2" then two emails will send immediately and there will be by default only 2 microseconds gap between those two emails.

Time gap between send emails is critical.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
@derek - I also answered on the support ticket, but we have more info here, so lets ignore the support ticket for now and see what we can do from here.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
But we noticed that Mailwizz after sending email waiting till "pause ofer send" interval and is not switching immediately to nex delivery server.
This happens in a single process BUT if you are using pcntl, it means you're spawning multiple processes, so this will happen for each process.

We are trying to achieve that we will not send more than 2-3 emails per hour using each delivery server and we want around 20-30 minutes gap between each email send via single delivery server.
This is what the above settings do, the only "problem" is that you will keep the process in a pause for that amount of time you set as a pause, so this might not be what you want, because once you spawn all processes, and they each send an email, then each of these processes will sleep for the paused amount of time. Another problem is that process #1 can pick Delivery Server #3, but so can process #5, and you end up with two processes, sending two emails, maybe at the same time, from same delivery server, then sleep for x minutes. This is why in my support ticket I suggested you disable pcntl.

Can you let us know how we send 5000 email per day using 100 delivery servers and by just sending 2-3 email via each delivery server at intervals of 20-30 minutes for each delivery server?

This "Puase after send" is critical as we want to rate limit speed of sending otherwise our SMTP account get blocked.
Instead of a long pause, why don't you set a 2 emails hourly quota for each delivery server? Indeed you'll most likely send two emails one after another (maybe you can add a small pause here), but then for the rest of the hour, the server will stay silent, then next hour, it will repeat.
I think this is your best option TBH.

derek

Instead of a long pause, why don't you set a 2 emails hourly quota for each delivery server
Eventually this was my last resort. Currently i have set to backend-> Settings-> Cron "Change server at" 1.

and i will set hourly quota of 2 emails for each delivery server and also set few seconds "pause after send".

will this help in rotating servers and maintaining gap between each email send via same delivery server?

@Melichk suggested to to ser probability to 1% for each delivery server as we have 100. will this help in randomzing delivery server?

should i keep default cronjob interval or change it?

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
@Melichk suggested to to ser probability to 1% for each delivery server as we have 100. will this help in randomzing delivery server?
I don't see exactly how this would help, maybe he has something in mind that I don't see, sorry.

should i keep default cronjob interval or change it?
Keep it, changing it will only introduce new problems.

will this help in rotating servers and maintaining gap between each email send via same delivery server?
Yes, as I described above.