[ANSWERED]How to enable subscribers who have been moved from one list1 to list2 Via automation rule, the ability Re-subscribe to list1 in the future?

bz87

OK let me explain what I'm trying to achieve.

So I have 2 List

List 1 - Double Optin list
List 2 - Main list

I’ve created AN autoresponder email to be sent after they confirm optin with rule “Move” Subscriber to my “main list” .

Move To Main List.png

How do i enable in the future if the subscriber that has already “moved” from List 1 to LIst 2 to be able to be able to subscribe to List 1 again?

At the moment from my testing , if a susbcribers gets moved to List 2 and resubscribe to List1 again, he won’t get the welcome email . The status of the subscriber is still “moved”
I just want to know what's the best way to go about this.

Once again thanks! Mailwizz rocks!

Last edited:
Even if you manage to allow the subscriber to re-subscribe in the original list, which currently, with the above, is not possible since the subscriber is already in the list, well, not there but moved to another list, but still a row in the list records, then still, you couldn't move it to the target list because the subscriber is there already as well.

If removing the subscriber from the original list, after it has been moved to it's destination list, is an option, then you can edit the Main List, and in the actions area, make it so that when a subscriber is added into this list, to be unsubscribed from the original list.
Then, in backend > settings > cron, under "Subscribers settings" set "Unsubscribe days" to 1, which will tell mailwizz to keep the subscriber in the system for 1 day after they unsubscribed, then remove them, which in turn will also free your original list and allow adding the subscriber there again.

As you see, all these have their own drawbacks, so make sure you really want to go this way.

Back