How do I force a user into a subscription after a free trial?

TheRealRazzy

Hello there!

I've been combing through the forum to find my answer but I haven't been successful.

What I'm wondering is how I can give someone a 30-day free trial and then force them to subscribe to a paid plan when it's over.

I saw a thread here that mentioned we could simply move those Free Trial members into a new group with no permissions, but would that delete their progress, emails, and account or would it simply give them a new set of restrictions until they upgraded?

Also, when a free trial member does upgrade, do they need to make a new account or can they simply upgrade their current free trial account and keep all the progress they've made over the last 30 days?

Thanks,
TRR

how I can give someone a 30-day free trial and then force them to subscribe to a paid plan when it's over.
Just create a limited plan and assign it at registration (you can do this from backend > settings > customers > registration).
When this plan expires, the customer will be able to do pretty much nothing so the only way is to upgrade to a better plan.

I saw a thread here that mentioned we could simply move those Free Trial members into a new group with no permissions, but would that delete their progress, emails, and account or would it simply give them a new set of restrictions until they upgraded?
No, all their info will stay in place.

Also, when a free trial member does upgrade, do they need to make a new account or can they simply upgrade their current free trial account and keep all the progress they've made over the last 30 days?
They'll keep their account and all the info in it, upgrading simply means moving the customer in a different group. Price plans are just a gateway to customer groups ;)

Just create a limited plan and assign it at registration (you can do this from backend > settings > customers > registration).
When this plan expires, the customer will be able to do pretty much nothing so the only way is to upgrade to a better plan.

No, all their info will stay in place.

They'll keep their account and all the info in it, upgrading simply means moving the customer in a different group. Price plans are just a gateway to customer groups ;)

Awesome :)

Thanks for the quick response :)

I'm loving MailWizz so far and I haven't even scratched the surface lol :D

Back