High bounce rate / amazon ses

lucmichalski

Hi guys,

Hope you are doing all well !

I sent a newsletter recently (4000 contacts) and I have more than a thousand of messages like this one:
smtp; 550 Invalid Recipient - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550 [eIUQBV6vMhu5yWcTAO91_Q.uk212]

I setup mailwizz with Amazon SES, is there any spf parameters to setup somewhere ?

Thanks in advance for any insights or inputs on that issue.

Cheers,
Luc Michalski

nope they are working normally, do you have a twitter account so I can DM you the credentials to the backend and maybe make an assessment of this 1833 bounces order 4500 ?

Problem with this is that the SMTP code says the recipients are not valid. So the way this works is:
Mailwizz sends to amazon > amazon sends to comcast > comcast replies with the error code to amazon > amazon processes it and notifies mailwizz.
So in all this, mailwizz has no saying, it just processes whatever is thrown at it by amazon.
Did you try using other provider, say mailgun or sendgrid and see what you get back with them?

I dunno which one is cheapest, but you have plenty options, see the selection popup in mailwizz for delivery servers, they all have links to point you to their site.

Hi guys,

Hope you are doing all well !

I sent a newsletter recently (4000 contacts) and I have more than a thousand of messages like this one:
smtp; 550 Invalid Recipient - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550 [eIUQBV6vMhu5yWcTAO91_Q.uk212]

I setup mailwizz with Amazon SES, is there any spf parameters to setup somewhere ?

Thanks in advance for any insights or inputs on that issue.

Cheers,
Luc Michalski
Its SES IP issue , your AWS IP must be blocked at spam filter , like proofpoint or other place , there are 2 Options :
1- if you are using dedicated Ip then go to the full logs and try to delist it .
2- contact to SES support and inform them about issue , might be they change your IP pool !

Its IP lavel issue , there is no connection to maiwizz.

Thanks for your reply.
Which one is the cheapest ?
Depend upon you nature of mailing , if you have legimate List and can give proof about list to mailgun then you should go to mailgun, otherwise you can start it with sendgrid with dedicated IP.
if we compare pricing then i thing sendgrid is more cheap then Mailgun.

Back