Every 'delivery failure' email address starts with the letter j - coincidence?

Phillip Wilkinson

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...I got a bunch of delivery failure notices, and every last one of them is an address that begins with the letter j.
In case it matters, the vast majority of them were either Hotmail or Yahoo mail addresses.
Pure coincidence, or something more?
Thanks for any light you may be able to shine on this occurrence.

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...I got a bunch of delivery failure notices, and every last one of them is an address that begins with the letter j.
In case it matters, the vast majority of them were either Hotmail or Yahoo mail addresses.
Pure coincidence, or something more?
Thanks for any light you may be able to shine on this occurrence.
Maybe you sent to that part of your large lists, or maybe those addresses were imported from a buggy source (have you checked those addresses for rfc compliance)?

Thanks for that input frm.mwz. That may be on the right track. I'll have to take a look at which segment that was, and see if alphabetization was in play. That would explain the 'all j's' thing. As far as rfc compliance goes, the answer is yes. Reply much appreciated.

Thanks for that input frm.mwz. That may be on the right track. I'll have to take a look at which segment that was, and see if alphabetization was in play. That would explain the 'all j's' thing. As far as rfc compliance goes, the answer is yes. Reply much appreciated.
Maybe if you could post the error messages from hotmail/yahoo there is a chance to learn more.

Back