Duplicate Opens

Ron Burchell

Hi,
In Campaign, Subscribers with Most Opens, View Details I get duplicate output for the same Time and IP, different times and IPs I can understand. Is there a fix for this.
Screen Shot Attached

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2019-01-23 14-15-31.png
    Screenshot from 2019-01-23 14-15-31.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 24
that looks normal to me, you can see the opens in a minute there, this is why you see it several times, maybe someone opened at :03 and then at :59, or something like that, so it's no reason to worry about.

that looks normal to me, you can see the opens in a minute there, this is why you see it several times, maybe someone opened at :03 and then at :59, or something like that, so it's no reason to worry about.
If I have Auto Update turned ON and I have a Campaign running does the Auto Updater wait for the Campaign to finish before updating.
Cheers
Ron

I wonder if it's not because the emails get downloaded to a mail client?

I know Doscify (gmail email tracker) had that issue. Email was opened once but for people using Outlook it was tracking it multiple times the open.

Thanks for the reply and thoughts.
I guess one way or another all emails have to go to some sort of mail client, it would be good to know the correct answer, as I can not see an email recipient opening and closing the same email inside 60 seconds as was suggested above.
I guess I need to be thankful that the eMails are arriving in the inbox and being opened.
Cheers
Ron

I have some that have opened it 9 times within 20 mins. I doubt they're actually opening it that many times. I figure it's something else triggering the open count like a mail client.

I have some that have opened it 9 times within 20 mins. I doubt they're actually opening it that many times. I figure it's something else triggering the open count like a mail client.
This why mwz has the unique clicks/opens feature ;)

Can it be enabled to only see that?
(The other one doesn't have value if it counts spam checks and other stuff in it)
On Another Note:
If i have [Increment_1] on 'email open' as a AR setup field. Will it increase it on unique opens or any open?

@twisted1919 - I have a custom field that tracks opens using an incremental field.

So by using this it's tracking all spam check opens as well? Is there a way to only increment on unique opens?
(i.e. let's say I send 10 autoresponders, I'd like to know what % of them a subscriber opened. So I would check for an open count = 8 and know it's 80%, so they opened 8/10 of my emails)

BUT if it's tracking spam checks and other stuff as well, then it wouldn't work.

I guess what I'm asking is what's the use case of NOT tracking unique opens? When general opens are badly impacted by spam checks, and other stuff? It's not vitally important but it seems like it's not a very reliable metric compared to unique opens?
(I doubt people open the same email multiple times. I know it's extremely rare that I do)

So by using this it's tracking all spam check opens as well?
Yeah, because there's no way for us to know automatically that whomever opens the email is a human or a robot.
Is there a way to only increment on unique opens?
I don't think so, unique opens is not a metric by it's own, it's a metric extrapolated from all opens.

I guess what I'm asking is what's the use case of NOT tracking unique opens? When general opens are badly impacted by spam checks, and other stuff?
This doesn't happen in all cases though. But that's something you have to take into account when you start mailing.

I don't know of any viable way to avoid robots register opens, we do give you the ability to list all the ip addresses you don't want emails to be tracked from, so if you know the ips, you can list them there.
But beside this, really, i don't think there's any way, maybe the user agent, but that's also very tricky.

@twisted1919 - is there a way to measure open time? (I figure spam checkers are super fast compared to a human reading it)

How accurate is 'unique opens' metric?

(Basically trying to work out a way to see how many emails in an autoresponder series someone opened)
I.e. if I have 10 emails in a series, I'd like to know how many of the 10 a person opened? Not sure if this is even possible!

is there a way to measure open time? (I figure spam checkers are super fast compared to a human reading it)
You could implement e.g. heat mapping on the website where subs can read your email in webview (though some folks may block even that), but in the email itself the email browser may take it out.

If I have Auto Update turned ON and I have a Campaign running does the Auto Updater wait for the Campaign to finish before updating.

What about autoresponders that never truly finish? Will it auto update with them being on?

@Alex Read - mailwizz wait 12 hours for campaigns to finish sending, if in this hours don't found campaigns with processing status it does the update.

@laurentiu - Where is that setting to wait 12 hours before moving it automatically to another list for those that were sent?
(I don't want to manually do it)

@twisted1919 - is there a way to measure open time? (I figure spam checkers are super fast compared to a human reading it)
Not that i am aware of. I don't think it's technically possible for emails.

How accurate is 'unique opens' metric?
Very.

@laurentiu - Where is that setting to wait 12 hours before moving it automatically to another list for those that were sent?
(I don't want to manually do it)
I don't think @laurentiu 's answer is in any way related to what you are asking. He';s talking about auto-upgrading the app.

Back