Domains gets blacklisted in spamhaus as soon as the confirmation email is sent

I am facing this unique issue since last 2 months..has happened with around 6 of my domains

I checked the blacklisted status of domains while registering them...they are all clean

When I build a MW on them and just confirm the addition of my SMTP ...

After a few hours the domain gets blacklisted in spamhaus...

I have to delete the MW and move onto next

Anyone else facing this issue ?

Not a single email is sent to any subscriber so there is no question of SPAM

I did ask for delisting on spamhaus...they said they cannot remove it at this point in time and also
cannot tell what is the reason for blacklist

As I said, except for confirmation email no other email was sent

I registered the domain on 22nd and checked before registering if it was blacklisted

I checked on 23rd if the domain was blacklisted again since I have been having this issue regarding spamhaus

Then yesterday my IT guy installed MW and when I checked for spam in the night time, the domain was in spamhaus

SPAMHAUS is for spamming...but not a single email sent

I know this is nothing related to MailWhizz...just want to check if other members have seen similar experience

Regards

When you send any email to an ISP that checks SH for incoming messages (which is all of them), SH checks if the IP *or* domain is blacklisted. If the IP address is on the list, then they probably flag the domain it points to in reverse DNS.

That's my guess.

So before I purchase a new domain I do check for spamhaus listing and only move forward when it is not listed in any major blacklist

Similar with any server I purchase

The only email being sent is the confirmation email when I add a server as delivery server to mailwhizz

So other email being sent to any other subscribers ....which is why the listing is puzzling

Regards

I'm saying, my guess is the IP of your mail server was already blacklisted, so the domain got associated with the bad IP when the SH lookup was done by your ISP on that one confirmation email.

Before you send any email, including confirmation to yourself, check the domain AND IP addresses of your mail servers for blacklists.

If they are all clean, you shouldn't have a problem.

actually everytime before purchasing the domain name I check for blacklist status..so I never buy blacklisted domains

as for IP address I check them as soon as I purchase a server...if that is blacklisted I do not move ahead and wither delete the server or stop billing after 1 month...I dont use these for building SMTP

I'm saying, my guess is the IP of your mail server was already blacklisted, so the domain got associated with the bad IP when the SH lookup was done by your ISP on that one confirmation email.

Before you send any email, including confirmation to yourself, check the domain AND IP addresses of your mail servers for blacklists.

If they are all clean, you shouldn't have a problem.
Not really so, this happened to me too and it was previously not blacklisted. I even sent to my personal gmail address and it got listed.

Back