Domain Policies Deny/Allow newbie confusion

avidns

I know this is going to sound incredibly stupid but it's simply thrown me off (I probably need to get some sleep lol) - I noticed in the Domain Policies for a delivery server you have both allow and deny options. Why would we need both? If I "Deny" ATT.NET but want to eventually allow it I can just delete it, right?

Or, perhaps, there's a reason for it, something I am missing.

::edited::
OK feel free to ignore me, I think I figured it out. I may want to Allow it, see how it goes, then Deny it again in case any "issue" isn't fixed - without having to recreate the whole thing.

Cosmin
In addition to that see the info box explaining some use cases:
Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 14.49.07.png

Cosmin

Wow!! Holy cow, @twisted and @avihay , so I have luckily been ok on this and only allowing top 10 TLD's.., since our in house db lead management api software and pre ping etc do not allow any other doamains outside usa, gmail, microsofts, yahoos', apple/mac/me/icloud...

But I only just have like this: for Allow only... nothing or not a wild car for exclude, cause someone else told me wrong then!! I attached a screenshot.

So ok, this makes sense, domain * , so the word domain lower case a space then * asterix for wild card deny all else, and then only allow the allowed 10. Got it, or to allow all yahoo no matter what country, "yahoo"

But now here is MY QUESTION... I have this situation.

Mandrill does super amazing at Gmail up front on our work flow automation for new subscriber acquisition, but with new microsoft (outlook & hotmail, msn, live..) not so well actually when compared to dedicated ip at green arrow from us and signed by us not just one, and then they both are ok on Yahoo for sure, but nothing can touch my.smtp .com for some reason.... and icloud really does not matter too much.

Ok, so we have 3 installs, 9 domain brands, 200K or so lists active on each, so this stuff really matters!!! I have a bit of probablity stuff and quotas going to keep things ok for back up and warming all around on broadcast sendign lists and real time work flow and recurring, but !!!!!!

I WANT to for MOST all the Main Emails choose copies of our sending servers, and then on the most important and up front emails,

I need to know that if on Mandrill I put Allow Gmail, and domain * for exclude all else, then it will only send Gmail right? but now OK, that is that and on the same email campaign I have 3 more sending servers checked..., and on those I have..

- smtp .com for allow only yahoo. com and ymail .com, and then domain *

- green arrow sending server to : allow outlook , msn , hotmail, and live .com , but then deny domain *

- Lastly, spark post I have it at 20% probability and others 80% with some hourly limits, and sparkpost says allow : all the top 10 domains above including icloud, mac, and me .com... but then "domain *" for block - deny all of those, so we do not send to anything else just in case.

So WILL this see incoming real time subscribers!! fast enough ? no delay really ? and also will it DO the same on large bulk sending of a regular campaign and recurring emails daily just like I have this set if I select those servers..., so if a Yahoo user comes in Mailwizz is like, oh nope, do not send at mandrill, do not send at green arrow, but instead use my.smtp .com to send to Yahoo and Ymail..., and that is 80% and spark post is allow all top 10 TLDs (top level domains- web domains) ... so spark post will send 20% of those roughly.. over a month that is... and so on.

Do large sends do this in the processing prior to going to sending on the fly ?

and on auto responders, it can do it fast enough I suppose..., but WHAT I MUST KNOW is that happens when you have multiple deliver servers selected with domain policies, I mean THAT IS WHAT THIS FEATURE is really MADE for Yes!!! ? You can filter out domains you do or do now want with any software, like thrive, relevance reactor, list flex, and email oversight can put on filters, and more, but then to have those all hit your domain brand to send, and relay to the right place where it gets the absolute best delivery and NOT to where it does not, that is to me the reason THIS IS INVENTED< so Please!!! Tell me it is so!!

I CANNOT afford to have $3 plus email leads in at 20K a day ad spend and hit an auto responder email that has first green arrow alphabetically as sending server and see oh, Only Allow hotmail, outlook msn live .com, block deny all else, and then gmails and yahoo's are not sent..., !! at all!! I GET IT, IF..

If I HAD only Green arrow selected in my case and said only send to microsofts, nothing else, then yah, all my emails would say pending or sent but not delivered that are not microsof/brightmail domains, but NO no!! In this case, you have multiple check boxes for stuff like domain policies and probabilities and rate / quota limits daily, hourly, so that if you select more than one sending server set up, if it cannot send at 1 for any of these reasons, it will then move right away immediately in real time to the next sending server it can use to send and relay mail..., and I would think on processing it would know this ahead of time, versus on auto responder triggers with new subscribers for -0 delay for newly added to list it would do it on the fly!!

RIGHT!! or am I WRONG!!!

Attachments

• 2022-02-20_01-46-39.png
    2022-02-20_01-46-39.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 13
Back