Didn't receive attachment the email

SenG

I enabled attachment for campaigns and attached 2 small PDF in the campaign. Campaign ran successfully and able to receive the mail, but the attachment was missing.

How it supposed to work? Will attach the files directly to the campaign or it will attach the links to the files in the campaign?

Is it possible to customize campaign so attached files are sent as links, not as attachments?

@SenG - Keep in mind that not all web apis services will support attachments, so if you are sending with a server that does not support attachments, then you won't get them.

The process is to use regular attachments, send with the email.
You can of course discard/transform those attachments into link if you want to, but you have to code it by hooking into "
console_command_send_campaigns_before_send_to_subscriber" filter. But at that point you can as well enter the links in the email body as well.

@SenG - If you look in /apps/common/models/DeliveryServerSendgridWebApi.php you will see there's no attachments logic since at the moment of writing that integration, sendgrid didn't support attachments via web api.
I guess i'll have to implement this for next release.

@SenG - my bad, the code has logic for attachments.
You'd have to debug the model file directly to see what fails, i'll do it too.

Sorry, the mail attachment works with SendGrid too. I did not have proper permission on files dir where the uploaded files are managed. Unfortunately, the script suppressed the dir creation issues silently in the campaign setup process.

Sorry, the mail attachment works with SendGrid too. I did not have proper permission on files dir where the uploaded files are managed. Unfortunately, the script suppressed the dir creation issues silently in the campaign setup process.
@twisted1919
can this be fixed generally in the next version?

But, we have customized the original script and it has to be promoted via multiple instances before it reaches production server. We do git pull in all the instance except for the initial install.

Back