Delivery Server - best choice?

rljb

Just new to MailWizz. Trying to figure out the best way to go re the Delivery server.

We're running MailWizz on an AWS instance. 2GB RAM. We will have a few different customers using this. We won't have huge email volumes, a customer with a big list for us will be 15,000 subscribers being mailed to once a week say.

We have used many of the options available, AWS SES, ElasticeEmail, Sendgrid etc, and have accounts with them. We also run our own mailserver (with iredMail) that we use for our own business.

My thinking would be to NOT use our iRedMail server in case it gets blacklisted, as I don't my customers mailings to affect our own email deliverability. AWS SES seems a pain as you have to verify every sending email address.

What's the best options here? Anyone have some real world experience they would like to share? Things we should consider? Tks.

My personal opinion is that if you can offload the burden on a 3rd party provider and the price is acceptable, then just go for it.
Otherwise, your own smtp server.

Worse case scenario, have your customers use their own sending servers :D

Ok cool, I get that. Is there a preference in terms of what works best with MailWizz?

Mandrill
Mailgun
Sendgrid
Leadersend
Sparkpost

Is anyone of these providers better/worse than another? Do you have to verify sender's email addresses like AWS with any of these providers?

This would be my order:
Sparkpost
Mailgun
Mandrill
Sendgrid
Leadersend

Is anyone of these providers better/worse than another? Do you have to verify sender's email addresses like AWS with any of these providers?
Not really no.

Back