Deleting/Archiving "Campaign Delivery Logs" Best Practice?

eggerda

Hello,

I can't find detailed information on this - other than a process for archiving that is manual - and maybe something that is still in development.

What is the best way to deal with "Campaign Delivery Logs" for large MailWizz installations? I am seeing these are never deleted or archived. Even though I have "Delete campaign delivery logs" set to "Yes".

And I have "Delivery servers logs removal days" set to "90".

Even with these things set, there are 388,000 rows of campaign delivery rows that grows by the day. Dating back to October 11, 2019.

Can someone explain how these logs should be managed - in the best/safest way? Maybe keep just the last 90 days of logs or something and get rid of the rest - in an automated fashion?

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Dan

Even though I have "Delete campaign delivery logs" set to "Yes".
This should do it, when this is turned on, mailwizz will delete the logs for regular campaigns that finished sending at least 5 days ago.
If you're sending autoresponders, since autoresponders never finish sending and they are always in wait for new data, the logs for those aren't removed unless you explicitly mark such campaign as sent, case in which, mailwizz will wait 5 days then remove it's logs.
We use those logs to see who received the email campaign so we don't send it to that person one more time, so it has multiple purposes.
If you run the daily cron job for mailwizz, with --verbose=1 flag, you'll see more info as what happens there.
There's an edge case here for when you're using queue tables, because that transforms everything, but i think you aren't using those, right?

And I have "Delivery servers logs removal days" set to "90".
This is only related to delivery server logs, which are used to calculate quotas for example. While the name is similar, they aren't connected to the campaign delivery logs.

@twisted1919 thank you! This MailWizz system is ALL autoresponders - I don't use it for normal broadcasts.

So it seems this log will keep growing and growing for autoresponders, yes?

I could see this getting very large over time. It will be millions and millions of records over time. Is there going to be a way to manage the space at some point? Like if a subscriber MOVES from list a to list b - maybe there could be a way to automatically delete the autoresponder logs for him on list "a" when he moves?

And also, if an email record is DELETED, would it delete the autoresponder logs? (I'm thinking about when unsubscribes are automatically removed after 60 days - in my system...)

Let me know... thank you sir!

Dan

Like if a subscriber MOVES from list a to list b - maybe there could be a way to automatically delete the autoresponder logs for him on list "a" when he moves?
For now we have no code to do this, maybe in future we can add. I think as always, if this becomes a problem, we will look into it and see what we can do.
Good news is that Autoresponders aren't really the type of campaigns that need performance, since they don't send million emails at once, rather, they drip sending over a period of time, which means they should behave properly even with million of delivery logs.

if an email record is DELETED, would it delete the autoresponder logs?
Yes, mailwizz's database structure is designed in such way that if you delete something, all the information related to that object is deleted, in subscriber's case, that is the subscriber info, custom fields, all type of logs, etc.

Back