Date custom field error 'is of the wrong length (should be 10 characters)'

Matt Sayle

Hello!

I created a custom field for entering a date. When adding a subscribers via the backend, I was expecting a calendar to pop up so I could select the date.

However, it was just a text field. I entered 7/17/2017 and got the error 'is of the wrong length (should be 10 characters)' I then trust 07-17-2017 and was told the format was incorrect.

Wouldn't it be simpler to have a calendar pop up, and when the date was selected it would automatically input the proper textual format?

Hello!

I created a custom field for entering a date. When adding a subscribers via the backend, I was expecting a calendar to pop up so I could select the date.

However, it was just a text field. I entered 7/17/2017 and got the error 'is of the wrong length (should be 10 characters)' I then trust 07-17-2017 and was told the format was incorrect.

Wouldn't it be simpler to have a calendar pop up, and when the date was selected it would automatically input the proper textual format?
Just select 'date field' for the custom field u r adding ;)
upload_2017-7-19_18-50-57.png

Just select 'date field' for the custom field u r adding ;)
View attachment 3846
The calendar doesn't work when adding subscribers via the backend. I use this mainly as a CRM, so all of my subscribers are added manually.

I suppose I could paste the I Frame into a web page somewhere, but it would be easier to manage if it worked from the backend.

I am creating a custom field for the date the customer did business with me.

So, I want to be able to place the date into the email like this:

Hey [FIRST NAME],

Thank you for coming to my shop on [DATE CUSTOM FIELD].

Yada, yada, yada.....

It may be better to just add it as a text field so I can make the format whatever I like (Month, Day, Year).

The calendar doesn't work when adding subscribers via the backend. I use this mainly as a CRM, so all of my subscribers are added manually.

I suppose I could paste the I Frame into a web page somewhere, but it would be easier to manage if it worked from the backend.
Just use the subscription form URL and you have an input mask :)

Back