Daily Cron not running

MauriceW

Since a few days I'm getting emails from my MailWizz installation that the daily cron did not run.
That is weird, because it is configured correctly. What could be wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 5
Debug mode enabled. When visiting a page, I see indeed a LOT of information. So debug mode is enabled.
When re-running the command in the SSH console, it gives me the exact same result. No errors.

I did notice however that it ran much faster now. Maybe the error was because of a timeout somewhere?

Let's see if I get an error that the daily cron didn't run tomorrow...

And today I got again an email that the daily cron did not run in the last 2 days.
It's now Saturday. So Friday and Thursday the cron didn't run.
Wednesday was the last time I ran it manually as per your instructions.

1703339343809.png

So there must be something wrong. But it's pretty hard to see what it is, when there are no error messages.
Was the cron not fired? Was it fired, but did it ran into a timeout?

It would be a lot easier when the reason is added to the email above.

Then you at least know what to do. Now we know nothing.

It's gives me a bit of an old windows 95 error feeling: "No keyboard detected. Type any key to continue"... :)

1703340488637.png

So what next?

Last edited:
By the way, isn't it an idea to improve the cron system in MailWizz, by adding some sort of cron management?

That means that MailWizz just needs 1 single cron every minute. That's it.

Then the cron management system in MailWizz does the timing calculations and calls the (selected) functions that need to be called, every minute, 5 minutes, hour, daily, whatever, and so on...

It would be a lot easier when the reason is added to the email above.
We don't know the reason, we only know it didn't ran because we can check how much time passed since last time it ran and we have records of it running successfully.

It's gives me a bit of an old windows 95 error feeling: "No keyboard detected. Type any key to continue"...
From what I see in your terminal output, when you run the command manually, it runs just fine.
So it's just the automatic cron jobs don't trigger and it is the case only for this particular cron job.
Out of curiosity, in the terminal, when you run daily manually, if you type crontab -l, what do you get? Does the output of that command include the daily cron job?
Other than that, the cron daemon has its logs, you should check them and see if you find any useful info related to this, see if you have records related to the daily cron job.

By the way, isn't it an idea to improve the cron system in MailWizz, by adding some sort of cron management?

That means that MailWizz just needs 1 single cron every minute. That's it.

Then the cron management system in MailWizz does the timing calculations and calls the (selected) functions that need to be called, every minute, 5 minutes, hour, daily, whatever, and so on...
Nah, this is not something the app should do. Running those cron jobs is really complex, much complex that it meets the eye.

Back